International Studies MAUniversity of Pannonia
International Studies MA
All available course dates
The goal of our International Studies MA is to train highly qualified experts in the social sciences who are able to think about the place and role of Hungary and the Central European region in an international and global context.
Coupled with a broad knowledge of histories and current issues they are required to have a comprehensive understanding of the current dynamics of global political economy, legal frameworks and social processes. Based on the acquired knowledge and skills, they are able to make predictions and forecasts.
The program trains students to able to identify the complex issues inherent in Central Europe’s location in global challenges as well as to get acquainted with the world beyond Europe and tendencies of development of the third world. The acquired lexical knowledge and related skills enable them to pursue further studies or individual research (PhD).
Students who have a bachelor's degree in International Studies or other degree in social sciences, economics, law or humanities (see the list of entrance courses in the list of Master's courses) and have a high level of English language skills are invited to apply for the Master's Degree in International Studies.
Who do we recommend it to?
For those who are interested in the complex problems of economics, politics and social sciences, for whom it is important to understand local, regional and global contexts, and who would also master the practice of international communication (diplomacy, protocol, negotiation techniques).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
CORE SUBJECTS AS FOLLOWS
- The Theory of International Relations;
- Theories of Social Change;
- International Economic Law
- Political Geography;
- International Private Law;
- Democracy, Constitutional State and Human and Civil Rights
- Case Studies in International Law;
- Environmental policy and protection of the EU;
- The EU and Inter-State Coordination
- Regional Economics;
- European Foreign and Security Policy;
- The EU in the System of International Relations
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Fee: 2000 EUR / semester
Qualification acquired : Diploma in international relations expert
As diplomats, international relations specialists, researchers, journalists, public administration officials or employees of multinational companies, they will be able to orientate themselves in the complex scheme of international relations and are well suited to continuing their studies to PhD level.
MA graduates are capable of:
- conducting work of individual analysis in the field of international studies
- decision preparation and decision making in the fields of international economics, politics and law
- participation in professional/scholarly debates
- wide-range application of integrated knowledge in the fields of social sciences and foreign policy analysis
- forging international links and ties
- conducting foreign language negotiations in their professional field
About this institute
University of Pannonia
The University of Pannonia, located in a picturesque and scenic environment near Lake Balaton, with the headquarters in the city of Veszprém, and campuses in several towns of the Central-Transdanubian region, is a public university that provides quality education within...
Average rating 4.8Based on 8 reviews.
Want to know more about International Studies MA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...