Physics of Data
The Master’s degree provides new theoretical and computational tools to tackle the explosion of datasets within the physicist mindset. It combines advanced knowledge in the field of Physics with a high-level training in Data Science. The program thus trains the new generation of data physicists, equipped with tools that will allow them to face the challenges that the digital revolution has brought in our society.
Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) is required, with proved skills in Physics and Mathematics.
English: B2 Level (CEFR) or equivalent
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Laboratory of Computational Physics;
- Management and Analysis of Physics Datasets;
- Theoretical Physics;
- Machine Learning;
- Statistical Mechanics of Complex Systems;
- Advanced Statistics for Physics Analysis;
- Optional courses on advanced topics in modern Physics
- Quantum Computing;
- Optional courses on advanced topics in modern Physics and Engineering;
- Internship in a research centre on in a private company
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Total Fees: €2,622 per year
Awards: Master's degree in Physics of Data
Credit: 120 ECTS
Graduates master tools for collecting, managing and analysing big data, and to translate their work into highly valuable information. Graduates work as professionals in research centres, internet companies, consulting companies, startups and high tech industries and public administrations.
About this institute
The University of Padua
The University of Padua is a world-leading research-intensive university that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222. Loyal to its motto Universa Universis Patavina Libertas (Paduan freedom is universal for everyone), it has always been a bastion of...
Why study at University of Padua
- The University of Padua is a TOP 200 university in the World, that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222.
- During eight centuries, students, researchers and alumni have provided key contributions to the advancement of knowledge, science and society.
- Padua offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of programmes (over 180, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level; 29 programmes are held completely in English).
- Interconnections among the different disciplines generate a vibrant and stimulating learning environment, where international students (over 3,000), staff and alumni support the development of the University's mission at global level.
Want to know more about Physics of Data? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
8,500 EUR-12,500 EUR