The Master’s degree captures the evolution of professional engineers proposing an advanced study program that combines both solid fundamental knowledge of physical processes and deep theoretical and technological competences. It provides students with a multidisciplinary high-level education lying between engineering and applied mathematics, giving them advanced skills in the field of mathematical modelling of physical or financial processes together with advanced computational engineering expertise.
The courses has two specializations. They are
- Mathematical Engineering - Study track 'Mathematical Modelling for Engineering and Science
- Mathematical Engineering - Study track 'Financial Engineering
Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related fields (e.g. Mathematics) is required
English: B2 Level (CEFR) or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Stochastic Methods for Finance
- English Language B2 (Productive Skills)
- System Identification and Data Analysis
- Scientific Computing and Object Oriented Programming
- Statistical Mechanics of Complex Systems
- Analytical and Stochastic Mathematical Methods for Engineering
- Introduction to Partial Differential Equations
- Stochastic Differential Equations, with Numerics
- Continuum Mechanics (MOD. A)
- Dynamical Systems (MOD. B)
- Numerical Methods for Differential Equations
- Numerical Methods for Continuous Systems
- Final Exam
- Mathematical Physics (C.I.)
- Laboratory Of Astrophysics 1
- Computational Astrodynamics
- Water Resources Management
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Coastal Flooding Hazard
- Analysis and Mathematical Modelling In Geotechnics
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Fire Risk in Structures
- Advanced Solid Mechanics
- Computational Electrical Engineering
- Computational Methods for Materials Science
- Advanced Quantum Physics
- Numerical Methods for High Performance Computing
- Mesh Free Approximations of Partial Differential Equations
- Methods and Models for Combinatorial Optimization
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Total Fees: €2,622 per year
Graduates work as professionals within research and development centres and as company consultants in public and private structures, in advanced technological fields of civil, environmental and industrial, engineering, information technology laboratories, financial institutions, banks, insurance companies, energy companies, or consulting firms.
About this institute
The University of Padua
The University of Padua is a world-leading research-intensive university that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222. Loyal to its motto Universa Universis Patavina Libertas (Paduan freedom is universal for everyone), it has always been a bastion of...
Why study at University of Padua
- The University of Padua is a TOP 200 university in the World, that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222.
- During eight centuries, students, researchers and alumni have provided key contributions to the advancement of knowledge, science and society.
- Padua offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of programmes (over 180, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level; 29 programmes are held completely in English).
- Interconnections among the different disciplines generate a vibrant and stimulating learning environment, where international students (over 3,000), staff and alumni support the development of the University's mission at global level.
Want to know more about Mathematical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...