The Master’s degree provides a thorough understanding of the specific social, organisational, economic, territorial and institutional forms and dynamics that characterise local development processes in different contexts and at different levels of development. It offers an in-depth knowledge of the different methodologies used for the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes for local development and promotes the implementation of sustainability process. Its intrinsic multicultural and multilingual dimension is reinforced by international partnerships and mobility agreements.
Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) is required, with proven skills in Political Science, International Relations and Diplomacy, International Economics, Management, Cooperation and Development, Intercultural Communication, Media and Cultural Studies, International Law, Political Philosophy, Geography, Social Psychology, Sociology.
The Academic Committee takes into consideration the final graduation mark of the first study cycle, where applicable, or alternatively the average grades as detailed in the Transcript of Records, considering that the minimum requirement for Italian entry qualifications is 95/110. Should it be not possible to directly compare the final graduation mark with the Italian grade scale, the Academic Committee shall consider the overall results in the candidate’s study curriculum
English language at a B2 level as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) or corresponding level (e.g. Academic IELTS or TOEFL/IBT) is required. A certificate stating they have demonstrated such ability may be presented if it is not more than 3 years old at the date of enrolment. If the candidate is an English mother tongue speaker or has attended their upper secondary school or a degree course taught in English, no language certification is necessary.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The course is multidisciplinary and the curricular contents covers integrated knowledge in the fields of economic, sociological, statistical, historical-geographical, socio-pedagogical and anthropological areas.
During the second year, on-site traineeship will enable the students to carry out researches that could be the starting point for the Master’s degree final exam.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Total Fees: €2,529 per year
Awards: Master of Arts in Local Development
Credit: 120 ECTS
Graduates work as professionals in local development and development cooperation within different social and territorial contexts, in governmental and non-governmental organizations at the local, national and international level, trade and citizenship associations, enterprises.
About this institute
The University of Padua
The University of Padua is a world-leading research-intensive university that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222. Loyal to its motto Universa Universis Patavina Libertas (Paduan freedom is universal for everyone), it has always been a bastion of...
Why study at University of Padua
- The University of Padua is a TOP 200 university in the World, that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222.
- During eight centuries, students, researchers and alumni have provided key contributions to the advancement of knowledge, science and society.
- Padua offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of programmes (over 180, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level; 29 programmes are held completely in English).
- Interconnections among the different disciplines generate a vibrant and stimulating learning environment, where international students (over 3,000), staff and alumni support the development of the University's mission at global level.
Want to know more about Local Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...