Economics and Finance
The Master’s degree focuses on the economic and financial phenomena, providing expert technical knowledge to analyze, interpret and manage complex issues in order to develop and assess public policies.
Thanks to small size classes and a dedicated faculty with an international reputation, students benefit from a challenging academic environment and receive an advanced training to work directly within financial institutions, private companies and either national or international government institutes.
A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Economics; Economics, Markets and Institutions; Accounting, Banking and Finance; Business Administration; Mathematics, Statistics and Finance is required.
Applicants who do not have one of the above mentioned degrees can also be qualified for the MSc in Economics and Finance, if the core academic areas listed below are covered.
For more information, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Common path:
- Advanced Econometrics;
- Corporate Finance and Accounting;
- Capital Markets and Regulations
- Path 1 – Economics:
- Mathematics for Economics;
- International Economics;
- Human Capital and Health;
- Industrial Economics;
- Public Economics
- Path 2 – Banking and Finance:
- Financial Economics;
- Mathematics for Financial Risk;
- Banking Financial and Risk Management;
- Analysis of Investment Projects;
- Personal Finance
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
The program represents a great starting point for PhD studies, particularly in Economics or Finance.
Graduates work as executives in different fields (Economics, Finance or Banking) in various environments such as: banks, insurances, asset management, consulting firms, stock exchanges, supervisory authorities, government and public service companies, international organisations.
About this institute
The University of Padua
The University of Padua is a world-leading research-intensive university that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222. Loyal to its motto Universa Universis Patavina Libertas (Paduan freedom is universal for everyone), it has always been a bastion of...
Why study at University of Padua
- The University of Padua is a TOP 200 university in the World, that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222.
- During eight centuries, students, researchers and alumni have provided key contributions to the advancement of knowledge, science and society.
- Padua offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of programmes (over 180, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level; 29 programmes are held completely in English).
- Interconnections among the different disciplines generate a vibrant and stimulating learning environment, where international students (over 3,000), staff and alumni support the development of the University's mission at global level.
Want to know more about Economics and Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.