University Master's Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
The master speaks for the exercise of the profession of Telecommunications Engineer according to the objectives and competences defined for the same and established in Order CIN 355/2009
ny person who is in possession of an official Spanish university degree, or a degree issued by a higher education institution of the EHEA that authorizes the issuer of the degree to access official master's degrees.Also, graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that empower in the country issuing the diploma for access to postgraduate education.The access by this way will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title that is in possession of the interested party,
The following degrees will have direct access to the Master:
- Degrees that qualify for the professional practice of Telecommunications Technical Engineer, Telecommunications Technical Engineering, specialization in Telecommunication Systems, Telematics or Electronic Systems, Telecommunication Engineering.
- Another degree that, accrediting having completed the module of basic training and the common module of the branch, not yet covering a complete block of the specific technology module and yes 48 credits whose competences are adjusted to those obtained in said module of a degree of Degree that qualifies for the Telecommunication Technical Engineer, in accordance with the Ministerial Order CIN / 352/2009.
They will be able to access the Master, with the corresponding training complements:
Other titles of the branches of Engineering and Architecture (graduates, technical engineers or engineers) and Experimental Sciences.In this complementary training it will be required, at least, that the student accredits the competences corresponding to the module common to the branch of telecommunication, and to 48 credits of the set of the specific technology blocks of the degree titles that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Telecommunication Technical Engineer, in accordance with the Ministerial Order CIN / 352/2009.
The appropriate income profile for those students who are going to start the Master's degree in Telecommunications Engineering must have the necessary knowledge to develop the competences that are included in section 3 of the Ministerial Order CIN / 352/2009, through the that the requirements are established for the verification of the official university qualifications that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Telecommunications Technical Engineer.
Regardless of the previous studies completed, the following profile of new students entering the master is expected:
a) Regarding technical aspects and training, it is recommended that students have knowledge:
- to.Comprehensive reading and correct oral and written expression, in Spanish.
- b.Comprehensive reading in English.
- c.In Mathematics and Physics, at the level of the professional practice of Technical Telecommunications Engineering.
- d.On medium / advanced computer tools (operating system, word processor, spreadsheet, database ...).
- and.Ability to properly manage information systems, both traditional and digital or internet-based.
- F.About experimental techniques and work in the laboratory, at the level of the professional practice of Technical Telecommunications Engineering.
- g.Knowledge of the technologies and techniques of the professional practice of Technical Telecommunications Engineering.
b) With regard to aptitudes and abilities, it is recommended that students have:
- to.Observation, attention and concentration capacity.
- b.Aptitude for the numerical and logical reasoning.
- c.Ease to understand and reason about abstract models that generalize the particular aspects of practical cases.
- d.Ability to argue, reason and express ideas.
c) In addition to the technical and training aspects cited, already in a personal setting, it is recommended that students have the following attitudes:
- to.Have creativity, imagination and desire for innovation.
- b.Be students organized and methodical in their activities.
- c.Be receptive, practical and open to the improvisation of solutions.
- d.Have a positive attitude towards team work, communication and responsibility performance.
- and.Have an interest in aspects related to telecommunications.
- F.Be determined to engage in continuous learning, curious to stay up-to-date on recent advances in science and technology.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Curriculum is structured in common subjects for all the students complemented with a block of optional subjects that include the realization of practices in company.At the same time, each of the subjects has been designed considering the homogeneity of its contents and competences, trying to ensure, also, a correct sequencing of the same.For this, the subjects group subjects according to affinity of competences and contents of the same.
The nature of the majority of subjects is compulsory, leaving a single subject of optional character with contents from which the student must select a total of 6 ECTS (two elective subjects).In turn, for the Final Master's Project it consists of 24 ECTS.
Telecommunication Systems (First and second semester)(Required)
- Design of communication subsystems: 7.5 ECTS
- Planning and deployment of telecommunication systems: 4.5 ECTS
Telematics Engineering (First, second and third semester)(Required)
- New generation Internet: 4.5 ECTS
- Applications and distributed systems: 4.5 ECTS
- Administration of networks and services: 4.5 ECTS
- Government of telematic services: 4.5 ECTS
Electronic Systems (First and second semester)(Obligatory)
- Design of electronic circuits for communications: 6.0 ECTS
- Advanced digital design: 6.0 ECTS
- Microelectronic design: 6.0 ECTS
- Electronic instrumentation: 4.5 ECTS
Digital Transmission (First and second semester)(Required)
- Data transmission: 6.0 ECTS
- Adaptive communications: 6.0 ECTS
System and Technology Integration (Third semester)(Required)
- Integration of radiolocation systems: 4.5 ECTS
- Integration of telematic systems: 4.5 ECTS
- Integration of electronic systems: 4.5 ECTS
- Integration of communication systems: 7.5 ECTS
Project Management (Third semester)(Obligatory)
- Project management: 4.5 ECTS
Internships (Fourth semester)(Required)
- Internship I: 3.0 ECTS
Electives (Fourth semester)
- Projects and methods of R + D + i: 3.0 ECTS
- Management and management of telecommunications companies: 3.0 ECTS
- Accounting information systems for the management of the company: 3.0 ECTS
- Practices II: 3.0 ECTS
Master's Thesis (Fourth semester)(Required)
- Master's Thesis: 24.0 ECTS
About this institute
University of Oviedo
The University of Oviedo is a public institution of higher education and research in the Principality of Asturias. With over 400 years of history, it offers a full range of undergraduate degrees adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)...
Why study at University of Oviedo
Spain ranked #6 study abroad country
Spain has been ranked the #6 study abroad country in Europe (and #9 in the world) for 2020! With universities founded as far back as 1218, Spain offers you a wide variety of study opportunities to choose from. Your next big adventure could be waiting for you in Spain, so why not take the plunge?
Want to know more about University Master's Degree in Telecommunications Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...