Master's Degree in History and Sociocultural Analysis
The degree is planned to meet a specific demand for research and contracts with administrations, companies, entities and social movements that have been periodically demanding work in this direction.The main part of this demand comes from the national research plans, undertaken by the Ministries of Education, or Science and Technology;of the Autonomous Administrations, either directly from the Presidency, or through the corresponding Ministries (Education and Culture, or Housing and Social Welfare preferably), organisms and research agencies of an autonomous nature (FICYT, General Directorate of Universities of the Government of the Principality of Asturias), professional associations (Association of the Press, for example), social movements, political or union (CCOO, PCE,
Any person who has an official Spanish university degree, or a degree issued by a higher education institution of the EHEA that empowers the country issuing the degree to access official master's degrees.Students with a foreign qualification (external to the EESS) can also take this Master's degree, which is homologated or not approved, provided that the level of training is equivalent to the degree titles and that it authorizes the issuing country to access official master's degrees.
This Master is aimed at students with an interest in history, civilization and socio-cultural development and, in particular, in its Spanish or Ibero-American manifestations, and who show interest in the enhancement, from the political or institutional action of the historical heritage- social, local and regional communities or minorities or professional groups, trade unions or with specific connotations of gender, age or social class.
The most indicated access profiles are the following:
Graduates in the field of social sciences and humanities, especially in studies such as History, Sociology, Humanities, Philology or Journalism.There will also be room for graduates in the field of exact, experimental or physical-natural sciences who wish to start in the socio-cultural studies of Science.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
MODULE 1:Compulsory subjects (30 ECTS credits)
- Methodology and historiography for sociocultural analysis (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to sociology (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to field anthropology and ethnohistory (6 ECTS)
- Sociocultural history in France and Great Britain (6 ECTS)
- Seminar on sources for sociocultural history (6 ECTS)
MODULE 2:Optional subjects (15 ECTS credits to choose from among the proposed ones)
- Human nutrition and social change (3 ECTS)
- The cultural construction of collective memory (3 ECTS)
- The enlightened elites and the economic societies of friends of the country (3 ECTS)
- The seventeenth and eighteenth century.Elites, social networks and sociability in Spain and Europe (3 ECTS)
- Birth and historical development of the Welfare State in Europe and Spain (3 ECTS)
- Social movements and union cultures in Spain since 1939 (3 ECTS)
- Sociocultural elites and the training of Spanish university students (3 ECTS)
- History of reading, written production and contemporary journalism (3 ECTS)
- Seminar on Sociocultural Research (3 ECTS)
MODULE 3:Final Master's Project (15 ECTS)
About this institute
University of Oviedo
The University of Oviedo is a public institution of higher education and research in the Principality of Asturias. With over 400 years of history, it offers a full range of undergraduate degrees adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)...
Why study at University of Oviedo
Spain ranked #6 study abroad country
Spain has been ranked the #6 study abroad country in Europe (and #9 in the world) for 2020! With universities founded as far back as 1218, Spain offers you a wide variety of study opportunities to choose from. Your next big adventure could be waiting for you in Spain, so why not take the plunge?
Want to know more about Master's Degree in History and Sociocultural Analysis? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic