Mineral Resources and Sustainable Mining, M.Sc.University of Oulu
About this program
Mineral Resources and Sustainable Mining, M.Sc.
International Master Program in Mineral Resources and Sustainable Mining provides master’s degrees in two fields: MSc in Geosciences and MSc (Tech) in Mining Engineering and Mineral Processing. Graduating students will profoundly understand the engineering, geological, geophysical, financial, regulatory, environmental and social aspects of sustainable mining within the whole mining industry value chain.
Looking for answers to your questions? Chat with our knowledgeable student ambassadors! They are ready to assist you with any query you may have. Search "Student ambassadors" on the university website and start your conversation today!
The two-year Program has five specialization options:
- Economic Geology
- Quaternary Geology
- Mining Engineering
- Mineral Processing
- Applied geophysics.
Scholarships & funding
The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to academically talented international students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year International Master’s Programs or five -year Intercultural Teacher Education Program. The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 50% or 75% of the full tuition fee.
For more information, please visit the university website.
Full Tuition fee for Non-EU student is 10 000 euros / year.
The Program will give you excellent skills and understanding on the whole mine value chain and principles of sustainable mining, including:
- Theoretical studies in geosciences and engineering
- Economical and environmental aspects of mining
- Hands-on practice in the well-equipped Oulu Mining School Research Centre and in the field
- The latest modelling and simulation education related to the topics
- Instrumental skills in mineral analytics.
Job opportunities exist in all fields related to the mining value chain including exploration, mining, mineral processing, and other kinds of rock engineering both in the industry and in research.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Oulu
At the University of Oulu, we produce new science-based solutions, and train future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world. We are located close to the Arctic region, humanity’s new frontier. We promote learning and carry out...
Why study at University of Oulu
- We are a well-ranked science university. For example, in THE World University Rankings, University of Oulu is among the 301–350 top universities.
- Our degree programmes are inspiring and studentcentered, and encourage you to achieve your full potential.
- Safe study environment and city - Oulu was voted as the safest place to study in an international student barometer.
- Many innovations that have changed the world have their roots in Oulu. About three billion people around the world use daily technology developed in Oulu.
- Belonging to the academic community is made easy at us due to the non-hierarchical relationship between students and teachers.
Want to know more about Mineral Resources and Sustainable Mining, M.Sc.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!