About this program
Epidemiology and Biomedical Data Science
EBDS is a part of the University of Oulu's flagship program on the molecular and environmental determinants of life-long health and its pioneering longitudinal cohorts. The program utilizes expertise across many units, research groups and faculties. This new international Master's Program offers a comprehensive skill set for its students.
After completing the master's degree, the student is able to:
- Collect and manage data
- Identify and integrate multiple sources of data
- Analyse and interpret data
- Interpret causal and non-causal relationships
- Conduct research work independently and in teams by using scientific research methods
- Communicate research findings orally and in writing clearly and analytically
- Broaden and deepen one’s know-how independently, in view of life-long learning.
Scholarships & funding
The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to academically talented international students.
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Full Tuition fee for Non-EU student is 10 000 euros / year.
Graduates of EBDS will be able to:
- Design epidemiological studies
- Build statistical models
- Produce new knowledge transferable to public health intervention, health policy and precision medicine.
The graduates will learn how to design population-based studies, collect and manage data, and model, visualize and interpret the associations between health-related data to dissect the causal and non-causal relationships. Students will train with one of the largest collections of real life-course data and biobanks, which means they will have an exceptionally rich set of socio-demographic, health and multi-omic data at their use.
There are also many different career paths for those who graduate from this programme, such as:
- Community Health Worker
- Environmental Scientists and Specialists
- Field Investigator
- Health Department Administrator
- Health Education Specialist
- Health Services Manager
- Data Scientist
- Minority Health Administrator
- Research Coordinator.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Oulu
At the University of Oulu, we produce new science-based solutions, and train future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world. We are located close to the Arctic region, humanity’s new frontier. We promote learning and carry out...
Why study at University of Oulu
- We are a well-ranked science university. For example, in THE World University Rankings, University of Oulu is among the 301–350 top universities.
- Our degree programmes are inspiring and studentcentered, and encourage you to achieve your full potential.
- Safe study environment and city - Oulu was voted as the safest place to study in an international student barometer.
- Many innovations that have changed the world have their roots in Oulu. About three billion people around the world use daily technology developed in Oulu.
- Belonging to the academic community is made easy at us due to the non-hierarchical relationship between students and teachers.
Want to know more about Epidemiology and Biomedical Data Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Indianapolis, United States of America
Baltimore, United States of America