Epidemiology and Biomedical Data Science
EBDS is a part of the University of Oulu's flagship program on the molecular and environmental determinants of life-long health and its pioneering longitudinal cohorts. The program utilizes expertise across many units, research groups and faculties. This new international Master's Program offers a comprehensive skill set for its students.
After completing the master's degree, the student is able to:
- Collect and manage data
- Identify and integrate multiple sources of data
- Analyse and interpret data
- Interpret causal and non-causal relationships
- Conduct research work independently and in teams by using scientific research methods
- Communicate research findings orally and in writing clearly and analytically
- Broaden and deepen one’s know-how independently, in view of life-long learning
Scholarships & funding
The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to academically talented international students studying for a Bachelor's or Master’s degree at the University of Oulu. The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 50%, 75% or 100% of the full tuition fee.
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Graduates of EBDS will be able to:
- Design epidemiological studies
- Build statistical models
- Produce new knowledge transferable to public health intervention, health policy and precision medicine
The graduates will learn how to design population-based studies, collect and manage data, and model, visualize and interpret the associations between health-related data to dissect the causal and non-causal relationships. Students will train with one of the largest collections of real life-course data and biobanks, which means they will have an exceptionally rich set of socio-demographic, health and multi-omic data at their use.
There are also many different career paths for those who graduate from this programme, such as:
- Community Health Worker
- Environmental Scientists and Specialists
- Field Investigator
- Health Department Administrator
- Health Education Specialist
- Health Services Manager
- Data Scientist
- Minority Health Administrator
- Research Coordinator
About this institute
University of Oulu
At the University of Oulu, we produce new science-based solutions, and train future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world. We are located close to the Arctic region, humanity’s new frontier. We promote learning and carry out...
Why study at University of Oulu
- At the University of Oulu, we promote learning and carry out research that pushes the boundaries of the known.
- We produce new scientific information and science-based solutions, and train future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world.
- We are committed to promoting the UN’s goals of sustainable development with our research and education.
- Our university’s global impact is based on scientific breakthroughs, new technology and world-class innovations. Our 60,000 alumni are participating in society as well-educated citizens and employees around the world.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...