About this program
The graduates will:
- be experts in analytics who understand the needs of business, industrial and public organisations in regard to gathering, analysing and using digital data for decision-making, operations and development work.
- be able to choose and deploy the relevant analytics theories and methods and they have gained experience in using tools and environments for solving real-life analytics problems.
- be able to search for, gather and create research data and produce research reports based on scientific conduct in multi-disciplinary settings and different empirical contexts.
- have teamwork and project-based collaboration competencies, be able to solve problems for and with external stakeholders, and have good communication skills.
Looking for answers to your questions? Chat with our knowledgeable student ambassadors! They are ready to assist you with any query you may have. Search "Student ambassadors" on the university website and start your conversation today!
As we live in a world overwhelmed with information and data, we need the appropriate skills and abilities to manage and utilise these resources.The graduates of this program will be well-equipped to confront a changing world and take on its challenges and opportunities. They will be able to use the methods and tools they have acquired in the program in real-world business, industrial and other organisational contexts.
A business analyst graduate
Will understand data acquisition and management and demonstrate how to deploy information for business development end execution, optimisation and decision-making.
A data engineer graduate
Will be able to manage the gathering, organisation and mining of data. The graduate will know how to acquire and manipulate data for development, optimisation and deployment.
An information analyst graduate
Will understand data acquisition and management and demonstrate how to develop, deploy and make use of information systems for understanding and improving processes and organisational dynamics.
Scholarships & funding
The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to academically talented international students.
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Full Tuition fee for Non-EU student is 12 000 euros / year.
These study paths lead to these three degrees, respectively:
- Business, Master of Science (Business Administration)
- Engineering, Master of Science (Technology)
- Information Processing Science, Master of Science (Information Processing)
Business Analytics is a two-year program which incorporates both theoretical knowledge and practical skills in data-driven analytics.Students have a choice of three degree-specific study paths:
- Business Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Information Analyst
Message the school
About this institute
University of Oulu
At the University of Oulu, we produce new science-based solutions, and train future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world. We are located close to the Arctic region, humanity’s new frontier. We promote learning and carry out...
Why study at University of Oulu
- We are a well-ranked science university. For example, in THE World University Rankings, University of Oulu is among the 301–350 top universities.
- Our degree programmes are inspiring and studentcentered, and encourage you to achieve your full potential.
- Safe study environment and city - Oulu was voted as the safest place to study in an international student barometer.
- Many innovations that have changed the world have their roots in Oulu. About three billion people around the world use daily technology developed in Oulu.
- Belonging to the academic community is made easy at us due to the non-hierarchical relationship between students and teachers.
Want to know more about Business Analytics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!