The graduates will:
- be experts in analytics who understand the needs of business, industrial and public organisations in regard to gathering, analysing and using digital data for decision-making, operations and development work.
- be able to choose and deploy the relevant analytics theories and methods and they have gained experience in using tools and environments for solving real-life analytics problems.
- be able to search for, gather and create research data and produce research reports based on scientific conduct in multi-disciplinary settings and different empirical contexts.
- have teamwork and project-based collaboration competencies, be able to solve problems for and with external stakeholders, and have good communication skills.
As we live in a world overwhelmed with information and data, we need the appropriate skills and abilities to manage and utilise these resources.The graduates of this program will be well-equipped to confront a changing world and take on its challenges and opportunities. They will be able to use the methods and tools they have acquired in the program in real-world business, industrial and other organisational contexts.
A business analyst graduate
Will understand data acquisition and management and demonstrate how to deploy information for business development end execution, optimisation and decision-making.
A data engineer graduate
Will be able to manage the gathering, organisation and mining of data. The graduate will know how to acquire and manipulate data for development, optimisation and deployment.
An information analyst graduate
Will understand data acquisition and management and demonstrate how to develop, deploy and make use of information systems for understanding and improving processes and organisational dynamics.
Scholarships & funding
The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to academically talented international students studying for a Bachelor's or Master’s degree at the University of Oulu. The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 50%, 75% or 100% of the full tuition fee.
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
These study paths lead to these three degrees, respectively:
- Business, Master of Science (Business Administration)
- Engineering, Master of Science (Technology)
- Information Processing Science, Master of Science (Information Processing)
Business Analytics is a two-year program which incorporates both theoretical knowledge and practical skills in data-driven analytics.Students have a choice of three degree-specific study paths:
- Business Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Information Analyst
About this institute
University of Oulu
At the University of Oulu, we produce new science-based solutions, and train future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world. We are located close to the Arctic region, humanity’s new frontier. We promote learning and carry out...
Why study at University of Oulu
- At the University of Oulu, we promote learning and carry out research that pushes the boundaries of the known.
- We produce new scientific information and science-based solutions, and train future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world.
- We are committed to promoting the UN’s goals of sustainable development with our research and education.
- Our university’s global impact is based on scientific breakthroughs, new technology and world-class innovations. Our 60,000 alumni are participating in society as well-educated citizens and employees around the world.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
8,500 EUR-12,500 EUR