This masters in psychology program provides an ideal foundation for those looking to enter the exciting profession of psychology, from clinical work to academic research. Students in the MA in psychology program at UNYP will be thoroughly prepared at both theoretical and practical levels.
The program is based on specialized theoretical subjects such as current topics of general psychology, the psychology of personality, and developmental psychology, which provide a basis for related applied and clinical disciplines.
An integral part of the masters studies in psychology at UNYP is the opportunity for students to participate in a supervised internship, providing graduates with practical experience for acquiring crucial knowledge and skills. The program also prepares students for independent research through the design and implementation of an original scientific project and master thesis.
- Clinical and health psychology
- Social psychology
- Psychology of personality
- Cognitive psychology
- Psychology of work and organization
- Developmental psychology
- Educational psychology
- Cultural anthropology
- Research methods in psychology
- Advanced statistical analysis
- Introduction to psychological counselling and psychotherapy
- Psychological professions in health care and social sphere in the CZ and the EU
- Theory of psychodiagnostics
- Child clinical psychology and psychodiagnostics
- Psychodiagnostics of adults
- Ethics in psychology
This two-year program leads to a European masters diploma in psychology which is accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, and the Youth and Sport (MŠMT). Courses for the program are held primarily on the weekends in order to support students’ internship and potential work needs during their studies.
Applicants wishing to apply to the MA in psychology program should meet the following requirements:
- UNYP application form
- Notarized copy of undergraduate university degree - bachelors diploma in psychology or in relevant fields
- Official academic transcripts directly from the University, or a notarized copy
- English language certificate TOEFL +79 IELTS +6.5 CAE A,B,C CPE A,B,C
- Personal essay - a short essay about how this program will assist with professional and personal goals
- 2 letters of recommendation - from professors or supervisors who can address the candidate’s ability and motivation
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Copy of ID or passport
- Application fee of 80 EUR (non-refundable)
- Motivation interview and discussion on relevant field experience - after submitting the required documents students are invited for an interview with the program director
Tuition and fees for the masters in psychology are:
- Program tuition 295,000 CZK 24-months program
- Application fee (one-time/ non-refundable fee) 2,000 CZK
Master of arts degree
Since 1998, The University of New York in Prague (UNYP) has been offering the best in English language programs in Central Europe. UNYP offers programs in business administration, communications, finance, IT management, marketing, international economic relations, English language and literature,...
Want to know more about Master in Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.