American Bachelor in Communication & Media
The average adult now spends over 11 hours using communications media per day. That is more time than we work, sleep, or do anything else. The rest of the time, when not sleeping, we also spend communicating in other ways. Entire industries have formed in recent years to create, spread, regulate, and enrich this communication. The Communication and Mass Media degree at UNYP aims to meet the urgent need for communication professionals who understand the powerful role of communication in today’s world, and can make it work for the betterment of society.
- UNYP application form
- Notarized copy of the High School Diploma and Transcript
- English language certificate
- Motivation letter (max. 400 words)
- Recommendation letter
- Copy of ID or Passport
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Core courses include:
- Media and Society
- Public Relations Principles
- Communication Technologies
- Intercultural Communication
- Media Law and Ethics
- Global Communication
- News Reportings
Elective courses include:
- Advertising Strategies
- Visual Culture
- Mediation and Conflict Management
- Social Psychology
- Surveillance and Society
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- EU students fees: CZK 93400
- Non-EU students fees: CZK 114400
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
The program is a unique dual degree study format, which means you fulfill the requirements for two university degrees simultaneously. One is awarded by the State University of New York, Empire State College, accredited by Middle States in the USA. The second is from the University of New York in Prague, accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education. The possibility to earn two distinct academic titles, one from the USA and one from the EU, is a rare and valuable opportunity, and opens a world of possibilities with its international recognition.
5 Reasons to Study Communication at UNYP
- Critically analyze and understand the effects of media and communication on society
- Learn to effectively persuade and influence interpersonally, in small groups, and publicly
- Acquire expert ability to communicate strategically to diverse, complex audiences
- Gain the aptitude to improve communication in organizations and groups.
- Develop practical skills for immediate employment in a communication field
For many, one of the best things about studying communication and media at UNYP is what happens after – our communication graduates truly no know boundaries. The explosion of possibilities in communication jobs means virtually endless potential – anywhere in the world. Many of our graduates have gone on to prestigious Master’s programs on all continents. Others have taken their theoretical, research, and applied skills to the global market place. Some typical areas are graduates end up working in are:
- Media Relations Management
- Mediation/Negotiation Specialists
- Public Information Officers
- Market Research Analysts
- Creative Directors
- Cultural Advisers and Liaisons
- Public relations
- Social media management
- Event management
- Corporate communications
- Media planning
- Copy editing
- Human resources
- Political campaign advising
About this institute
University of New York in Prague
The University of New York in Prague (UNYP) was founded in 1998 and is offering American and Czech University degrees delivered fully in English from the central European city of Prague. UNYP has a long history and degree partnership with...
Want to know more about American Bachelor in Communication & Media? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia