Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree at the University of Mount Union is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. You will develop the critical thinking skills to solve complex problems, understand how things work in the world, and create the next technology innovations to help society.
The mechanical engineering program is a four-year degree offered at Mount Union. The major is one of five four-year engineering degrees in the School of Engineering.
GPA requirement: 2.5 (except for nursing, that requirement is a 3.3)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL: 61 iBT
- IELTS: 5.5
- PTE: 55
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Material Science
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery
- Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics II
- Design of Machine Elements
- Control of Dynamic Systems
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Heat Transfer
- Power Plant Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Practices
- Manufacturing Science
- Introduction to Robotics
- Probabilistic Design and Reliability
- Mechanical Engineering Capstone I
- Mechanical Engineering Capstone II
Scholarships & funding
A Mount Union education is accessible to students of all backgrounds thanks to the university's robust scholarship and grant offerings. There are several state and federal options available to assist you, as well as many Mount Union awards that are specific to your career at the university. For more information, please visit the Mount Union website.
Upon completion of this program, students will graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree.
At the time of graduation, Mechanical Engineering students will have achieved the following program outcomes:
- Principles: An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Design: An ability to apply the engineering design process to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration for public health and safety, and global, cultural, social, environmental, economic, and other factors as appropriate to the discipline.
- Experimentation: An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Responsibility: An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Learning: An ability to recognize the ongoing need to acquire new knowledge, to choose appropriate learning strategies, and to apply this knowledge.
- Teamwork: An ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team that establishes goals, plans tasks, meets deadlines, and creates a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Foundations: Knowledge of the foundations of engineering, science, and mathematics and their applications in computer engineering.
Mechanical engineering graduates are typically among those with the highest starting salaries. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, mechanical engineering is projected to increase approximately 5% over the course of the next decade. Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest disciplines in the field and can open the door to endless possibilities. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, mechanical engineers research, design, develop, manufacture and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
About this institute
University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union, a private Midwestern institution founded in 1846, offers rigorous and relevant academic programs that are grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Mount Union’s students can select from broad-based and career-specific undergraduate majors. Known for its...
Why study at University of Mount Union
Mount Union is a small institution. We are proud to offer small class sizes, all taught by professors. More than 80% of our faculty have terminal degrees in their fields of study. This gives our students a chance to research and learn alongside our talented faculty in their academic fields. We are proud that 98% of our students find jobs in less than 3 months after graduating with their Mount Union degree!
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...