Bachelor's Degree in Political Science
Do you care about civil rights, gender equality, the environment and government spending? Are you concerned about poverty, gun rights, or the reform of drug law? Do you want to make an impact on how our nation is run? Do you want to change the world or just make a difference in your community? Then political science is the right major for you.
Be engaged through our comprehensive political science degree program that stresses real world experience and provides you with the skills to make a meaningful impact locally and globally. Explore opportunities for active learning by participating in our Model UN or Mock Trial, network with alumni who are making a real difference or get involved in an internship that will allow you to discover where your future may lead.
The University of Mount Union political science alumni not only work in the government, even working for members of Congress, with state and local officials and in government offices, they are also leaders in non-profits and private businesses, are elected officials and civic organizers, improving their communities and changing our world.
GPA requirement: 2.5 (except for nursing, that requirement is a 3.3)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL: 61 iBT
- IELTS: 5.5
- PTE: 55
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Be the Change: An Introduction to Public Service
- US Politics in Crisis: American Government, Politics, and Society
- Going Global: An Introduction to World Politics
- Living the Good Life: Political Philosophy and You
- Exploring the World: An Introduction to Geography
- Introduction to Law and the Legal System
- Congressional Politics: Issues and Controversies
- American President: Power and Leadership in the 21st Century
- Travel Seminar
- International Relations
- Comparative Political Systems
- US Foreign Policy: Past, Present and Future
- Intelligence Analysis
- Constitutional Law
- Elections: How to Run and Win
- Public Policy
- Environmental Politics: Pollution, Sustainability and Climate Change
- Education Policy
- Legal Advocacy
- Civil Rights: Race, Gender, and Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Citizens and Subjects: The Roots of Western Political Thought
- Freedom and Revolution: The Roots of Modern Political Thought
- Global Competition: The Dynamics of International Political Economy
- Market and Business Analysis
- Africa’s Promise: Challenges and Opportunities of the ‘Forgotten Continent’
- Europe’s Future: Politics, Society, and Economy
- The Rise of Asia: Politics, Society, and Economy
- Post-Soviet Politics: From Soviet Collapse to Resurgence
- Problems of Developing Nations
- The Middle East: Challenges and Opportunities of a Volatile Region
- Introduction to Political Science Methods and Inquiry
- Quantitative Political Analysis
- Seminar in Political Science
- Seminar in International Studies
- Independent Study
- Seminar in National Security
- Honors Thesis/Project
Scholarships & funding
A Mount Union education is accessible to students of all backgrounds thanks to the university's robust scholarship and grant offerings. There are several state and federal options available to assist you, as well as many Mount Union awards that are specific to your career at the university. For more information, please visit the Mount Union website.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Students will be able to describe and explain the functions of various institutions of government, both in the United States and elsewhere.
- Students will be able to discuss a broad array of concepts related to government and politics.
- Political Theory Objectives:
- Students will be able to accurately define, evaluate, and critique the basic principles (e.g., liberty, equality, rights) inherent within our political/ philosophical framework of democracy.
- Students will be able to contrast democracy with competing political systems.
- Students will be able to read and interpret tables, charts, and graphs commonly found in the Political Science literature.
- Students will be able to apply appropriate tests to perform basic data analysis, correctly interpreting the results of those tests.
- Students will be able to identify the methods used in various sub-fields of Political Science and employ those methods in an appropriate manner.
University of Mount Union likely to grow faster than average, reflecting the growing importance of public policy and research. An increase in interest in politics, foreign affairs and public policy, including social and environmental policy issues, healthcare and immigration, is leading the demand for increased research efforts in this innovative field.
Common careers include:
- Government agencies
- Market Analyst
About this institute
University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union, a private Midwestern institution founded in 1846, offers rigorous and relevant academic programs that are grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Mount Union’s students can select from broad-based and career-specific undergraduate majors. Known for its...
Why study at University of Mount Union
Mount Union is a small institution. We are proud to offer small class sizes, all taught by professors. More than 80% of our faculty have terminal degrees in their fields of study. This gives our students a chance to research and learn alongside our talented faculty in their academic fields. We are proud that 98% of our students find jobs in less than 3 months after graduating with their Mount Union degree!
Want to know more about Bachelor in Political Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America