Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
The University of Mount Union’s direct-entry Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). With new state-of-the-art nursing facilities, our nursing program allows students to be immersed in a setting that will help them gain new skills and hands-on experience.
Students enrolled in the direct-entry nursing program at Mount Union will participate in nursing clinical practicums beginning in their second year as well as other internship opportunities. A rigorous curriculum with roots in the liberal arts tradition combined with extensive clinical practicum opportunities prepares students to be leaders in the nursing profession.
GPA requirement: 2.5 (except for nursing, that requirement is a 3.3)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL: 61 iBT
- IELTS: 5.5
- PTE: 55
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Professional Nursing
- Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span
- Theoretical Foundations of Professional Nursing
- Introduction to the Nursing Process
- Introduction to Concepts in Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment & Physical Examination Across the Lifespan
- Basic Clinical Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
- Basic Nutrition for Nursing Practice
- Foundations of Nursing Practice
- Introduction to Nursing Informatics
- Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family and Newborn
- Nursing Care of Adult Clients with Psychiatric Mental Health Conditions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Informatics in the Nursing Profession
- Nursing Care of Adults with Acute & Chronic Health Conditions I
- Nursing Care of Adults with Acute & Chronic Health Conditions II
- Community Health Nursing
- Professional Leadership & Management in Nursing Practice
- Nursing Care of Clients with Critical Health Conditions
- Nursing Care of Children & Parents
- Professional Role Development & Transition into Nursing Practice
Scholarships & funding
A Mount Union education is accessible to students of all backgrounds thanks to the university's robust scholarship and grant offerings. There are several state and federal options available to assist you, as well as many Mount Union awards that are specific to your career at the university. For more information, please visit the Mount Union website.
The University of Mount Union’s undergraduate nursing major is a comprehensive program that will culminate in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and allow you to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Graduates are prepared to practice as registered nurses in a variety of healthcare agencies.
Graduates of the BSN program will:
- Integrate knowledge from nursing, arts, humanities and other sciences and disciplines to make judgments relative to the practice of nursing that is based on research findings and evidence.
- Apply concepts and skills of leadership, management, quality improvement and patient safety in the delivery of high-quality therapeutic nursing interventions for individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively through verbal, written and electronic medium with individuals, families, groups, organizations, communities and with members of the healthcare team, and in documentation of data in the delivery of quality patient-centered care.
- Demonstrate global awareness of political, regulatory, financial, social, cultural and environmental issues and policies that influence healthcare health policies and the advancement of the nursing profession.
- Use critical thinking to provide holistic nursing care across the lifespan in a variety of complex healthcare settings utilizing the nursing process to promote health, prevent diseases and maintain well-being for individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
- Accept responsibility and accountability for professional nursing practice including the inherent values of ethics, altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity and social justice.
About this institute
University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union, a private Midwestern institution founded in 1846, offers rigorous and relevant academic programs that are grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Mount Union’s students can select from broad-based and career-specific undergraduate majors. Known for its...
Why study at University of Mount Union
Mount Union is a small institution. We are proud to offer small class sizes, all taught by professors. More than 80% of our faculty have terminal degrees in their fields of study. This gives our students a chance to research and learn alongside our talented faculty in their academic fields. We are proud that 98% of our students find jobs in less than 3 months after graduating with their Mount Union degree!
Want to know more about Bachelor in Nursing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America