Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
The Bachelor of Science in mathematics degree at the University of Mount Union develops students’ ability to think critically and use mathematical reasoning to solve complex and everyday problems. Students are challenged and engaged both inside and outside of the classroom through class projects, problem-solving seminars, internships, research opportunities, and math competitions. Mathematics has a rich history at Mount Union and students in the major get to continue to be a part of that tradition.
GPA requirement: 2.5 (except for nursing, that requirement is a 3.3)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL: 61 iBT
- IELTS: 5.5
- PTE: 55
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Intermediate Algebra
- College Algebra
- Data Analysis
- Elementary Statistics.
- Elementary Discrete Mathematics
- Calculus Lab
- Precalculus Mathematics
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Statistics for the Health Sciences
- History of Math
- Calculus III
- College Geometry
- Introduction of Advanced Mathematics and Number Theory
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineering
- Probability and Statistics for Engineering and Science
- Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- Advanced Calculus
- Numerical Analysis
- Discrete Mathematics
- The Teaching of Mathematics
- Topics in Pure Mathematics
- Mathematical Statistics I
- Mathematical Statistics II
- Abstract Algebra
- Senior Seminar
Scholarships & funding
A Mount Union education is accessible to students of all backgrounds thanks to the university's robust scholarship and grant offerings. There are several state and federal options available to assist you, as well as many Mount Union awards that are specific to your career at the university. For more information, please visit the Mount Union website.
Upon completion of this program, students will graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of key theories, concepts, and methods of inquiry in mathematics.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to solve problems in mathematics using appropriate technology, translating problems from one form to another, using various problem-solving strategies.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to think critically about mathematics by applying key theories, concepts, and methods of inquiry in mathematics to novel problems, to other disciplines, and to situations that require understanding rather than rote memory.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate mathematics orally and in writing.
About this institute
University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union, a private Midwestern institution founded in 1846, offers rigorous and relevant academic programs that are grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Mount Union’s students can select from broad-based and career-specific undergraduate majors. Known for its...
Why study at University of Mount Union
Mount Union is a small institution. We are proud to offer small class sizes, all taught by professors. More than 80% of our faculty have terminal degrees in their fields of study. This gives our students a chance to research and learn alongside our talented faculty in their academic fields. We are proud that 98% of our students find jobs in less than 3 months after graduating with their Mount Union degree!
Want to know more about Bachelor in Mathematics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America