Bachelor's Degree in French
The French major at the University of Mount Union adds a global edge to any degree and opens up a world of possibilities after graduation. Job opportunities for graduates who speak French are abundant throughout the United States and around the world. Having a strong understanding of the cultures and histories of the French-speaking world is paramount for a successful career. Through a strong in-class curriculum and opportunities for real-world experiential learning, the French major prepares students for meaningful work and success in our global world.
GPA requirement: 2.5 (except for nursing, that requirement is a 3.3)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL: 61 iBT
- IELTS: 5.5
- PTE: 55
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Elementary French I
- Elementary French II
- The Francophone World
- French Conversation and Composition
- French Cinema
- French Society
- French Pop Culture
- Travel Seminar
- The Peoples and Cultures of Contemporary France
- French Conversation Practicum
- French for the Professions
- French Theatre Workshop
- Business French
- Modern French Poetry
- The French Novel
- French for National Security and World Affairs
- Methods of Teaching French
- Practicum in the Teaching of French
- Teaching French in the Elementary School
- Advanced Special Topics
- Teaching Assistant Practicum – French
Scholarships & funding
A Mount Union education is accessible to students of all backgrounds thanks to the university's robust scholarship and grant offerings. There are several state and federal options available to assist you, as well as many Mount Union awards that are specific to your career at the university. For more information, please visit the Mount Union website.
Upon completion of this program, students will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Students will demonstrate the level of proficiency necessary to enable them to function in an environment where French is used exclusively. Students will demonstrate speaking, listening, reading, and writing in French at the ACTFL Advanced-Low Level.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the cultures and civilizations of the principal groups of people who speak French, from a variety of perspectives, including the historical, geographical, sociopolitical, literary, and artistic.
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of the relevance of foreign languages to professions and careers.
French is also an influential language in the world of business. In fact, France is home to more than 2,000 subsidiaries of American companies, and French companies operate more than 600 subsidiaries in the United States. In addition, the Alliance Francaise has identified more than 800,000 jobs in the United States that require French. Major corporations with headquarters or subsidiaries in the United States and France include Du Pont, Hewlett-Packard, Xerox, Apple Computer, Michelin, Renault, Bic, and many more.
Common careers include:
- Education and teaching
- Public relations
- Law Medicine
About this institute
University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union, a private Midwestern institution founded in 1846, offers rigorous and relevant academic programs that are grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Mount Union’s students can select from broad-based and career-specific undergraduate majors. Known for its...
Why study at University of Mount Union
Mount Union is a small institution. We are proud to offer small class sizes, all taught by professors. More than 80% of our faculty have terminal degrees in their fields of study. This gives our students a chance to research and learn alongside our talented faculty in their academic fields. We are proud that 98% of our students find jobs in less than 3 months after graduating with their Mount Union degree!
Want to know more about Bachelor in French? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America