Postgraduate Certificate Academic Practice (PGCAP)
Improve your teaching practice by gaining a professional postgraduate qualification and get global professional recognition as a Fellow of Higher Education (FHEA) with this part-time, fully online Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice from the University of Liverpool.
This unique PGCAP is delivered in collaboration with Advance HE – the UK’s foremost agency for driving excellence and developing leadership in education – and it is the first and only programme of its kind to be delivered solely online.
The programme engages with international perspectives on academic practice in higher education. You will be encouraged to cultivate reflective and reflexive learning practices that will enhance your teaching and learning academic practice. You will also develop global professional networks and participate in advanced peer-to-peer learning which supplies opportunities to gain best practices from across the world.
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, you can contact us via LiveChat on our website.
Applicants should have:
- A degree equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; and
- A teaching position in a higher education institution at descriptor level 2.
Applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language and are required to provide evidence of this.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Is this the right course for you?
This programme will support your understanding of the online learning environment and the Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF). The syllabus delves into theories and their practical applications to build on your existing skills within education. Each module will start with a ‘setting the scene’ unit to allow time and attention for investigating different interpretations and definitions of the topics you will explore.
Through this programme, you will:
- Gain an academic qualification and automatically receive professional recognition as a Fellow of Higher Education (FHEA). Our PGCAP is the only programme accredited by Advance HE to be delivered solely online.
- Study a curriculum aligned with the UK Professional Standards Framework for Teaching and Supporting Learning in Higher Education (UKPSF). This is a globally recognised framework for benchmarking success within higher education teaching and learning support.
- Take part in a collaborative and active learning approach. Participants will demonstrate their understanding of educational concepts, apply pedagogical theory from varied global perspectives to the classroom, and utilise international educational frameworks to design lessons, set assignments and decide on learning outcomes.
- Gain a unique opportunity to reflect on teaching skills and develop practice. Participants will evaluate class presentations from their international peers, gaining an insight into practices across the world, and receive feedback on their own practices.
Learn from industry experts.
This course is run by The Leadership, Organisational, Professional & Academic Development Academy (The Academy) at the University of Liverpool. The Academy supports higher education professionals to develop their academic practise in relation to teaching and learning, as well as enhance their skills in research, leadership, and management within the sector.
Scholarships & funding
We are delighted to offer different tuition fee discounts and scholarships for eligible students. For more information about scholarship options, please send us an information request.
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Active learning is a key part of the programme structure, and you will be encouraged to employ international educational frameworks to design lessons, set assignments and choose learning outcomes that can be used in your own content or in an international global teaching space.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Full tuition fee – £5,100* (2020/2021 academic year)
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Scholarships of up to 15% of your tuition fee are available.
For more information please visit our website where you can speak to the University of Liverpool Online Programmes admission team.
Our tuition fees are the same for all students and there are no hidden costs.
Enhance your career opportunities.
The global emphasis of this programme will be particularly helpful to individuals with an interest in transnational education and those looking to develop skills to effectively work with international colleagues and faculty.
This programme offers you an accelerated and significant career benefit. You will gain an academic qualification as well as global professional recognition entitling you to use the postnominal letters: FHEA (Fellow of the Higher Education Academy).
Fellowship is increasingly sought by the sector in the UK, as a condition of appointment and promotion, and it is recognised by a growing number of international institutions.
Visit our website for more information on the career support you will receive as a University of Liverpool student.
The University of Liverpool is a member of the elite Russell Group of research-led UK universities and ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide.
We have been offering online programmes since 2000 and are one of Europe’s leading providers of wholly online postgraduate degrees.
Our online learning model can fit into busy lifestyles, offering flexibility within a framework that works across time zones.
About this institute
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
University of Liverpool Online Programs provide a flexible study option to further your learning and progress your career while continuing with your current professional and personal commitments. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from the University of Liverpool, a...
Want to know more about Postgraduate Certificate Academic Practice (PGCAP)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America