Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the core areas in psychology, as well as the practical skills associated with them with this fully online, part-time Psychology MSc from the University of Liverpool.
This online programme is designed to guide you in the construction of knowledge of the central features within the discipline of psychology, which will enable you to put principles into effect in a variety of settings including research, practice and the interface of applied research. The experience and skills developed will also be appreciated by employers in a wide range of professions outside of the field of psychology.
Is this the right course for you?
This programme alone will not allow you to practice as a psychologist in the United Kingdom. However, for individuals who want to pursue a career in psychology, it will provide you with the core foundational knowledge into the discipline and it’s the first step towards a career in the field. The experience and skills you gain will also be appreciated by employers in a wide range of professions outside of the field of psychology.
Through this programme, you will:
- Impress with a prestigious qualification. One of the only online Psychology MSc programmes offered by a Russell Group university.
- Learn from active research leaders. Our philosophy is to provide a research-connected student experience combining active learning and authentic assessment. You will be taught by some of the world’s leading academic experts who are passionate about their research activity.
- Take part in a collaborative and active learning approach. Exchange ideas and experiences via discussion forums with your international peers which facilitate interaction, motivation and learning, through promoting constructivist, critical and higher-order thinking.
- Immerse yourself in action-based learning. Your study activities have been designed to actively engage you in solving real-world problems within their context. This will enable you to integrate new knowledge into your working and social environment.
- Prepare for your professional career. Our curriculum content and teaching have been developed with a strong focus on your future employment.
Learn from industry experts
This programme is run by The Department of Psychology at the University of Liverpool, which is one of the UK’s oldest academic psychology departments, having been established in 1947. We are known for our world-class research, which is focused on improving the health, wellbeing, and lives of societies across the globe. Today we are one of the UK’s leading psychology departments.
Enhance your career opportunities
The scientific aspects of this programme provide useful tools for careers in healthcare, law enforcement, finance, IT and research. While the understanding of human behaviour and motivation and the ability to critically analyse and formulate a considered response lends well to careers in the creative industries, legal sector, government administration and education.
Learn online anytime, anywhere
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in a subject other than psychology, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in psychology that has not been accredited by the British Psychological Society, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.
Applicants who have achieved a 2:2 degree or failed to pass the empirical project component of a undergraduate degree in psychology, must demonstrate they are suitably qualified to undertake a postgraduate Programsme of study. They should have:
- At least two years approved professional experience, or obtained some other qualification approved for this purpose by the University.
- Applicants who have undertaken an accredited degree but have failed to either pass the empirical psychology project, or achieve at least a 2:2 degree, may also be admitted to the Programsme. All applicants from outside the UK must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5 (overall) and 7.0 (reading and writing).
Designed to provide students without an undergraduate psychology degree with the necessary skills and understanding to take up rewarding careers in the field, by providing a comprehensive understanding of biological, developmental, cognitive and social psychology.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Psychology MSc consists of the following taught modules and a final dissertation project.There is a brief break scheduled between modules to allow students to refresh themselves and reflect on what they have learned.
- Mind, Brain and Behaviour
- Social Psychology
- Data Analysis for Psychologists
- Personality, Individual Differences and Intelligence
- Cross Cultural Issues in Lifespan Development
- Psychology of Learning
- Cognitive Psychology
Scholarships & funding
We are delighted to offer different tuition fee discounts and scholarships for eligible students. For information about scholarship options, please send us an information request.
Full tuition fee – £15,300* (2021/2022 academic year)
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Scholarships of up to 15% of your tuition fee may be available. For more details speak to the University of Liverpool Online Programmes admission team.
*All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
The University of Liverpool is a member of the elite Russell Group of research-led UK universities and ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide.
We have been offering online programmes since 2000 and are one of Europe’s leading providers of wholly online postgraduate degrees.
Our online learning model can fit into busy lifestyles, offering flexibility within a framework that works across time zones.
About this institute
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
University of Liverpool Online Programs provide a flexible study option to further your learning and progress your career while continuing with your current professional and personal commitments. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from the University of Liverpool, a...
Want to know more about MSc Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
High Wycombe, England
High Wycombe, England