About this program
MSc Mental Health Psychology
Enhance your psychology career with the online Mental Health Psychology MSc.
Throughout your studies, you will explore the fundamentals of general psychology and key areas of mental health. This programme will enable you to confidently evaluate patterns in behaviour and psychological functioning to help recognise the best psychological approaches in relation to these issues.
The curriculum has been designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge to understand the theories and practises of therapeutic interventions, such as counselling and the effects they have on individuals. You will gain a deeper understanding of the mental health psychology methodologies by engaging in various data collection methods to ultimately prepare you to enter a professional setting.
To achieve a full master’s degree, you will be required to complete 180 credits. This programme is also available as a postgraduate diploma (PG Dip) which amounts to 120 credits. Students who complete the PG Dip will have the opportunity to progress to a full master’s degree.
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, please contact us now via LiveChat on our website.
Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in any subject including psychology equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum of a 2:2 class degree in any subject including psychology equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree AND have gained at least two years of relevant professional experience.
Non-psychology applicants will normally require a GCSE Grade 4 (grade C) or GCE O Level pass in Mathematics and English, or an equivalent qualification.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5 (overall) and 7.0 (reading and writing).
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of the eligible countries on our website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Mind, Brain, and Behaviour (15 credits)
- Data Analysis for Psychology (15 credits)
- Social Psychology (15 credits)
- Personality, Individual Differences, and Intelligence (15 credits)
- Approaches to Mental Health Psychology (15 credits)
- Psychotherapeutic Interventions (15 credits)
- Psychological Appraisal and Treatment (15 credits)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and Discounts
- 10% discount for University of Liverpool alumni.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Regional Scholarships of up to 15%. To find out about the scholarship offered in your region, please make an enquiry now.
- Corporate discounts of 10% are available for organisations looking to invest in the skills of three or more employees. For more information, please visit our website where you can speak to one of our admissions advisors to learn how you can upskill your team for organisational success.
The curriculum is driven by research-led teaching to ensure academic excellence. Module assessments are designed to maximise employability as each piece of work is based on the philosophy of action-based learning. You can expect unrivalled academic support from module tutors who are experts in their fields.
This programme is designed to be studied wholly online and part-time. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits. If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be equipped to pursue careers in mental health and wellbeing as well as in other public and private sectors due to a fundamental understanding of human behaviour and therapeutic treatments. You may also find the possibility to train to become a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist or Counsellor with further study.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
University of Liverpool Online Programs provide a flexible study option to further your learning and progress your career while continuing with your current professional and personal commitments. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from the University of Liverpool, a...
Want to know more about MSc Mental Health Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
Carson, United States of America