About this program
MSc Information Systems Management
Take your career to the next level with this online Information Systems Management MSc that can enable you to become an effective leader in technology.
The programme has been designed to meet the needs of students who aim to move from a purely technical position to one in which leadership skills are required, or who are currently operating in a managerial position and wish to enhance their management knowledge. The career-driven curriculum has been designed with a vision in mind that graduates will be in a position to drive change and innovation across the IT industry.
To achieve a full master’s degree, you will be required to complete 180 credits. This programme is also available as a postgraduate diploma (PG Dip) which amounts to 120 credits and a postgraduate certificate (PG Cert) which amounts to 60 credits. Students who complete the PG Cert and PG Dip will have the opportunity to progress to a full master’s degree.
The programme is accredited by the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, for the purposes of meeting the further learning academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional.
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, please contact our admissions team.
Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2:2 class degree in Computer Science or a closely related subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years’ experience in employment; or
- Professional work experience and/or other prior qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of the eligible countries on our website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Global Trends in Computer Science (15 credits)
- Information Technology Leadership (15 credits)
- Strategic Technology Management (15 credits)
- Security Risk Management (15 credits)
- Technology, Innovation and Change Management (15 credits)
- Elective modules: choose two:
- Applied Cryptography (15 credits)
- Cloud Computing (15 credits)
- Cyber Forensics (15 credits)
- Cybercrime Prevention and Protection (15 credits)
- Data Visualisation and Warehousing (15 credits)
- Deep Learning (15 credits)
- Machine Learning in Practice (15 credits)
- Multi-Agent Systems (15 credits)
- Natural Language Processing and Understanding (15 credits)
- Reasoning and Intelligent Systems (15 credits)
- Robotics (15 credits)
- Security Engineering and Compliance (15 credits)
- Research Methods in Computer Science (15 credits)
- Computer Science Capstone Project (60 credits)
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and Discounts
- 10% discount for University of Liverpool alumni.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Regional Scholarships of up to 15%. To find out about the scholarship offered in your region, please make an enquiry now.
- Corporate discounts of 10% are available for organisations looking to invest in the skills of three or more employees. For more information, please visit our website where you can speak to one of our admissions advisors to learn how you can upskill your team for organisational success.
This online Information Systems Management MSc is delivered by subject experts and industry leaders to ensure academic excellence. Over the course of your studies, you will explore module topics such as the global trends in computer science, information technology leadership, strategic technology management, security risk management, technology, innovation and change management. Upon successful completion of this programme you will be equipped with expertise to excel in your career and advance into senior roles.
This programme is designed to be studied wholly online and part-time. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits. If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
The career-driven curriculum has been developed by industry experts to provide practical skills and knowledge directly applicable to a workplace. The programme leads to a range of IT management careers including the management of software development teams, the management of teams responsible for IT infrastructure and the management of teams responsible for IT products and services.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
University of Liverpool Online Programs provide a flexible study option to further your learning and progress your career while continuing with your current professional and personal commitments. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from the University of Liverpool, a...
Want to know more about MSc Information Systems Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
St Andrews, Scotland