MSc Healthcare LeadershipUniversity of Liverpool Online Programmes
MSc Healthcare Leadership
All available course dates
About this program
MSc Healthcare Leadership
Learn how to inspire others, drive innovation, and lead effectively within healthcare organisations with this part-time, fully online Healthcare Leadership MSc from the University of Liverpool.
Through our unique interdisciplinary programmes, you will have the opportunity to explore leadership and management concepts, models and frameworks and learn how to apply them to healthcare environments, from a small practice to larger settings, of both a clinical and non-clinical nature.
In addition to learning how to lead at an individual, team, organisational and national levels, you will gain an understanding of key contemporary issues within changing healthcare contexts and the ability to recommend innovative and high-quality solutions.
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, please contact us now via LiveChat on our website.
Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in any subject area, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
- Professional work experience in other settings and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of the countries we consider eligible. Contact us via LiveChat on our website to learn more.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Is this the right course for you?
On this programme, you will be able to explore leadership and management theories, models, and concepts, and learn how to apply them within a healthcare setting. You will gain advanced knowledge of health organisations and the changing context in which they operate, combined with an ability to effectively lead your team, and make strategic decisions.
Towards the end of the programme, you will undertake a project to evaluate the impact of a particular aspect of organisational change, and how that contributes to improvements within healthcare services.
Through this programme, you will:
- Experience a unique interdisciplinary programme. Our Healthcare Leadership programmes are delivered in collaboration with the School of Medicine at the University of Liverpool, one of the largest medical education providers in the UK. You will learn from leading professionals in academic, and healthcare leadership positions, benefitting from real-life experiences of leading and managing healthcare across a wide range of services and organisations.
- Benefit from a gold standard education. The Management School is among an elite group of business schools to be triple-accredited with AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. Our pioneering School of Medicine was established in 1834 and has been at the forefront of medical practice and research for over 180 years.
- Take part in a collaborative and active learning approach. You will be encouraged to exchange ideas and experiences via discussion forums and to conduct collective analysis of case studies, which facilitates collaborative sense-making and problem-solving.
- Study career-focused modules to prepare for working in varied healthcare settings. The activities and assessments enable you to engage with work-based issues within the healthcare arena, including analysing and reflecting on your own work organisation and role.
Visit our website for more details on this programme, including module information.
Learn from industry experts.
This online master's in healthcare leadership is run by the Management School in collaboration with the School of Medicine at the University of Liverpool who have designed unique interdisciplinary programmes to educate today’s healthcare professionals for tomorrow’s healthcare challenges. We provide postgraduate programmes that support your career development and equip you with the confidence, knowledge and skills that are essential for success within the 21st-century healthcare environment.
Scholarships & funding
An Executive Scholarship of 20% is available for the online MSc Healthcare Leadership programme for applicants working in a healthcare-related setting for the 2023/24 academic year.* To learn more, please make an enquiry now or contact our admissions team on our website.
*Please note that the Regional Scholarship cannot be used together with the Executive Scholarship.
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Fees for the academic year 2023/24
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Scholarships of up to 15% of your tuition fee are available.
- Corporate discounts of 10% are available for organisations looking to invest in the skills of three or more employees. For more information, please visit our website where you can speak to one of our admissions advisors to learn how you can upskill your team for organisational success.
For more information please visit our website where you can speak to the Kaplan Liverpool online admission team.
Enhance your career opportunities.
On completion of your programme, you will have the skills required to succeed in leadership and managerial roles within healthcare organisations, healthcare governing bodies, and community healthcare organisations, as well as in related sectors such as financial and consulting. These could include senior positions in clinical leadership, management, strategy, international development, research, finance, human resources, and marketing.
Visit our website for more information on the career support you will receive as a University of Liverpool student.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
University of Liverpool Online Programs provide a flexible study option to further your learning and progress your career while continuing with your current professional and personal commitments. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from the University of Liverpool, a...
Want to know more about MSc Healthcare Leadership? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!