MBA Master of Business Administration
Gain the knowledge, skills and values needed to succeed in contemporary environments and develop important senior management skills, including strategic thinking, evidence-based decision making and data analysis with this fully online, part-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Liverpool.
This online programme allows you to study without a career break, enabling you to put your learning into practice from the start. You have the opportunity to draw on previous experiences and newly acquired knowledge to address business issues. You will discuss and debate as you work in collaboration with others to develop your understanding of theory and practice. You will consider issues from a global, ethical perspective developing your ability as an innovative, socially responsible leader.
Professional experience: MBA candidates are normally expected to have a minimum of 3 years of substantive managerial experience in the private or public sector, including the management of budgets, people and projects.
Qualifications: Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in any subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent professional qualification from a similar non-UK institution: or
- Non-graduates who possess extensive professional experience (more than 5 years) and/or a postgraduate qualification are encouraged to apply.
GMAT score: Although not mandatory, we encourage candidates who have undertaken the examination to submit their scores for consideration, these must be valid (attained with the last 5 years) by the time of entry.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 7.0.
Aimed at professionals with existing management experience who wish to develop senior management skills, including strategic thinking, evidence-based decision making and data analysis to take their career to the next career level.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Why study this subject?
This online programme will provide you with the skills to lead and manage others, ethically and responsibly, and address complex business issues in a range of contexts. You will develop your knowledge and skills in managing financial resources, explore key human resource management strategies, gain an in-depth understanding of the strategic role and importance of operations, and acquire an awareness of key innovation and entrepreneurial theories. Ultimately, you will develop the core knowledge and skills that underpin complex analysis and decision making, enabling you to increase the value that you deliver to your organisation.
Through this programme, you will:
- Learn from active research leaders. Our philosophy is to provide a research-connected student experience combining active learning and authentic assessment. You will learn from some of the world’s leading academic experts who are passionate about their research activity.
- Collaborate with a diverse student population. The wholly online nature of the course has helped in developing a globally diverse student body. This is a key feature of the programme allowing students to benefit from peer-to-peer learning through collaborating with fellow professionals from other cultures and industries from around the world.
- Be assessed through tasks and activities that reflect the contemporary workplace, enabling you to engage with live work-based issues. The course offers a wide range of assessments that enable you to develop and demonstrate your digital skills as well as your written, verbal and visual communication skills.
Visit our website for more details on this programme, including module information.
Learn from industry experts.
This online programme is run by the Management School at the historic University of Liverpool, established in 1881 and one of the founding Russell Group members. We have offered online management degrees since 2001 and are part of an elite group of worldwide institutes to be triple-accredited, holding AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA status. Our vision is to be a globally connected Management School, with our transformative research and teaching placing us at the forefront of influential knowledge leadership.
The online MBA Programme consists of the following core modules and two electives, in order to achieve the full accreditation, you are required to complete 180 credits.*
- Developing as a Leader and Manager
- International Business and the Global Economy
- Managing Financial Resources
- Digital Strategic Marketing
- Managing Human Resources
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Advantage
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management Simulation
- Management in Practice
- Data Strategy and Analytics for Managers
- Project Management
- Global Leadership
- Corporate Citizenship
- MBA projects
- Career Catalyst
Scholarships & funding
We are delighted to offer different tuition fee discounts and scholarships for eligible students. For information about scholarship options, please send us an information request.
Learn online anytime, anywhere
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This 100% online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessments are exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Full tuition fee – £21,000* (2021/2022 academic year)
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Scholarships of up to 15% of your tuition fee may be available. For more details speak to the University of Liverpool Online Programmes admission team.
*All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
Enhance your career opportunities.
This MBA is designed to enhance and develop your existing experience of business and management, providing the chance for you to become more skilled and confident when leading and managing others, ethically and responsibly. It will also give you the opportunity to learn how to address and overcome complex business issues that frequently occur within a range of contexts.
If you already have some practical management experience, this programme can help to take you to the next level, whether that is a career change or a more senior-level role.
Visit our website for more information on the career support you will receive as a University of Liverpool student.
The University of Liverpool is a member of the elite Russell Group of research-led UK universities and ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide.
We have been offering online programmes since 2000 and are one of Europe’s leading providers of wholly online postgraduate degrees.
Our online learning model can fit into busy lifestyles, offering flexibility within a framework that works across time zones.
About this institute
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
University of Liverpool Online Programs provide a flexible study option to further your learning and progress your career while continuing with your current professional and personal commitments. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from the University of Liverpool, a...
Want to know more about MBA Master of Business Administration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...