Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
School Leadership Masters
The Masters of Education (School Leadership) is specifically designed for those who have completed the level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership, accredited by the University of Limerick. The program facilitates those who have completed the Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership to capitalize on their current expertise and to develop an advanced and integrated understanding of school leadership at Master’s level. The Master’s in School Leadership will comprise a one-year program. Delivery will be predominantly online to facilitate distance learning.
Who Should do this course?
- This course provides teachers with the knowledge, skills and competencies to support their career progression towards Assistant Principal, Deputy Principal and Principal posts.
- Teachers who wish to research school leadership at Masters level and have already completed a 60 credit school leadership level 9 program.
Applicants must have successfully completed a Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership or equivalent with a minimum second class honours grade two.
Applicants must also satisfy the English Language Requirements of the University.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Semester 1 Spring
- Advanced Research Methods 1: Research Design
Semester 2 Spring
- M. Ed Thesis
Semester 3 Autumn
- M. Ed Thesis (contd.)
EU and Non-EUs: €3,501.
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Teachers completing this course will have :
- Engaged critically and analytically with an area of research relevant to a school leadership.
- Appraised the practical and academic debates which pertain to school leadership.
- Developed an advanced and integrated practical and theoretical understanding of school leadership.
- Developed cognitive and technical research skills and be in a position to research and apply established theories to research in school leadership.
- Developed an ability to analyse critically, to reflect upon and to synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories.
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of the complexity of school leadership.
- Utilised research databases and accessed policy documentation to have comprehensive understanding of policy in school leadership at both national and international levels.
- Demonstrated intellectual autonomy in the development and dissemination of research.
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about School Leadership Masters? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...