Occupational Therapy (Professional Qualification) MSc
The MSc Occupational Therapy (Professional Qualification ) program is recognised by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists and accredited by the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland.
The MSc in Occupational Therapy (Professional Qualification) offered at the University of Limerick is the first Graduate Entry Masters program in Ireland. The course was developed in response to the Bacon Report recommendation that graduate entry options for this program be explored. This innovative program is an opportunity for honours graduates to pursue studies leading to a professional qualification in Occupational Therapy. The two-year, full-time course is a timely and appropriate route for graduates, as it recognises their educational and work experiences to date.
The MSc in Occupational Therapy (Professional Qualification) aims to develop graduates who are able to:
- Demonstrate how the relationship between person, occupation and environment is integral to health and well being
- Design and implement innovate, responsive and evidence-based practice/services
- Establish therapeutic relationships with diverse populations
- Employ the principles of client centred practice
- Engage in clinical reasoning to enable the OT process across a range of practice contexts
- Collaborate with clients, colleagues and communities
- Explain the theoretical underpinnings of OT practice to a range of audiences
- Engage in continuing professional development
- Critique and apply evidence to practice
- Advocate for occupational justice within systems
Minimum of a second class honours primary degree (2.2) (Level 8 National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) or a postgraduate degree (Level 9 National Qualifications Authority of Ireland). The type of previous undergraduate degree awarded is not a limiting factor in terms of eligibility.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Enquiry in Healthcare 1
- The Anatomy & Physiology of Human Performance
- Occupational Therapy Approaches to Problems in Human Performance
- Science of Occupation
- Preparation for Practice Education (PPP1)
- Occupational Development through the Lifespan
- Person-Occupation-Environment 1
- Sociology of Health & Illness for Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Development Through the Lifespan
- Seminar in Professional Practice Issues
- Enquiry in Healthcare 2
- Lifestyle Redesign through Occupation
- Practice Education 2
- Research Project 1
- Practice Education 3
- Person-Occupation-Environment 2
- Research Project 2
- Occupation in Context
- Education Practice 4
- Engaging through Complexity
- Research Project 3
- Innovation in Management for Health and Social Care
- EU: €8,620
- Non-EU: €13,951
- EU: €8,372
- Non-EU: €13,547
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Graduates will be qualified to practice in Ireland and eligible for registration in other parts of the world. You will be able to work in a diverse range of environments including schools, hospitals and community settings.
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Occupational Therapy (Professional Qualification) MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia