About this program
Nursing (Respiratory Care) MSc
A key goal of this program is to prepare practitioners for the challenges of leading and delivering specialist/ advanced level respiratory care across a variety of settings. To achieve this goal, program content focuses on providing practitioners with the theoretical underpinnings, clinical exposure and competence for the development of knowledge and skills in areas of assessment and therapeutic interventions for persons with a respiratory condition.
- A registered nurse on the current register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- Be engaged in practice as a registered nurse for at least one year
- Students would normally possess a primary degree( Minimum 2.2) or show evidence of recognized prior learning (RPL) as outlined in the ( RPL) policy of the University and Department of Nursing and Midwifery
- Students are required to be working in a relevant practice setting for the duration of the program Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet criteria identified in the English Language qualifications set by the University of Limerick
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Health Research Methods - Methodology ( 12 Credits)
- Advanced Assessment in respiratory Nursing (9 Credits)
- Clinical Practicum 1( 9 Credits)
- Promoting Quality and Safety in Healthcare (12 Credits)
- Therapeutic Interventions in Respiratory Nursing or Tracheostomy Care (9 Credits)
- Clinical Practicum 2 (9 Credits)
- Dissertation 1
- Dissertation 2
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Tuition fee varies, please visit the university's website for more information.
On successful completion of the program students will be able to:
- Critically explore current advanced assessment strategies used in respiratory nursing practice.
- Critically examine best practice in meeting the respiratory care needs of patients and their families.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of therapeutic interventions used in the treatment and management of respiratory conditions.
- Apply critical thinking skills and ethical decision making required for advancing practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written, verbal, and digital communication skills, at individual and collaborative levels.
- Critically examine the value of multidisciplinary collaboration in the provision of quality evidenced based respiratory care.
- Critically review current innovations and developments in leading and managing change in practice.
- Demonstrate commitment to life-long learning while fostering self-development and self-evaluation.
- Demonstrate responsibility for personal and professional development in advancing respiratory care.
- Apply critical thinking and reflective skills in promoting and advancing respiratory care practice.
- Appreciate the contribution of research in informing and advancing practice within a respiratory care setting.
Successful completion of year one of the master’s program (Graduate Diploma award) will provide students with the academic qualifications required to be considered eligible for clinical nurse specialist posts.
The MSc award on successful completion of year 2 will provide students with the academic qualifications required to be considered eligible for advanced practice posts.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Nursing (Respiratory Care) MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...