Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The overall aim of the MSc in Nursing/Midwifery is to provide registered nurses/midwives with the opportunity to develop and enhance their knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to care for patients/clients to the highest professional standards across the health care continuum. The modules offered are grounded in a body of evidence-based knowledge that promotes excellence in nursing/midwifery practice.
A registered nurse/ midwife on the current register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
Students would normally possess a primary degree( Minimum 2.2) or show evidence of recognized prior learning (RPL) as outlined in the ( RPL) policy of the University and Department of Nursing and Midwifery
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet criteria identified in the English Language qualifications set by the University of Limerick
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1 Autumn
- Health Research Methods – Methodology
- Leading and Managing Practice
Choice of One Elective Module
- Principles of Primary and Community Care
- Supporting Perinatal Mental Health
- Assessment in Rehabilitation of the Older Person
- Principles Underpinning Dementia Care
- Advanced Assessment in Respiratory Nursing
- Principles of Palliative Care in Practice
- Principles Underpinning Perioperative Nursing
- Theories of Psychosocial Assessment and Care
Year 1 Spring
- Promoting Quality and Safety in Healthcare
Choice of Two Elective Module
- Intercultural Care
- Health Promotion in Nursing / Midwifery Practice
- Therapeutic Engagement
- Therapeutic Interventions in Rehabilitation Nursing of the Older Person
- Therapeutic Interventions in Dementia Care
- Therapeutic Interventions in Palliative Care
- Managing and Co-Ordinating Perioperative Care
- Psychosocial Interventions
- Therapeutic Interventions in Respiratory Care
- Tracheostomy Care
- Infection Prevention and Control in Healthcare;
Year 2 Autumn
- Dissertation 1
Year 2 Spring
- Dissertation 2
- EU: €4,750
- Non-EU: €11,733
- EU: €4,614
- Non-EU: €11,394
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
On completion of the program the student will be able to:
- Critically evaluate evidence underpinning and informing nursing/midwifery practice.
- Demonstrate the knowledge required for advancing nursing/midwifery practice.
- Critically examine the knowledge and skills of; reflection, critical thinking and analysis fundamental to the development and advancement of nursing/midwifery practice.
- Critically review current innovations and developments in promoting quality and safety in healthcare.
- Apply critical thinking and ethical decision-making skills required for advancing nursing/midwifery practice.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the research process.
- Critically evaluate leadership and management strategies for collaborative working in care provision.
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake independent learning activities in supporting personal and professional development.
- Demonstrate the ability of self-evaluation and appraisal.
Successful completion of the Masters in Nursing/Midwifery program will provide students with the academic qualifications necessary for enhancing their professional role in the healthcare environment. The program will provide opportunities to explore research in order to further develop evidence-based nursing and midwifery practice. The program offers a range of modules to allow the student choose a range of modules to suit their individual needs.
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Nursing MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...