About this program
Infection Prevention and Control Leadership MSc
The programme is designed to enable students to become leaders and champions in infection prevention and control practice, a vision advocated nationally and internationally. The interdisciplinary nature of the level 9 programme supports students to develop their innovative ideas and talent and equips students with knowledge and skills needed to navigate a dynamic and evolving complex healthcare environment. On successful completion, students will have acquired leadership and management capabilities for the development and implementation of effective infection prevention and control management strategies.
1a. Applicants for the Program would normally hold an honours degree (minimum 2.2-degree award), at Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) or other internationally recognised equivalent, in a relevant or appropriate subject.
1b. Applicants who do not meet the normal academic requirements may apply to have prior learning considered under the University of Limerick's policy on the recognition of prior learning (RPL).
2. Applicants must hold a recognised health-related professional qualification and current professional registration with their relevant regulatory professional body.
3. Applicants must also satisfy the English Language Requirements of the University. The University reserves the right to shortlist and interview applicants as deemed necessary. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet criteria identified in the English Language qualifications set by the University of Limerick
English Language Requirements
- Duolingo - The Minimum Requirement Will Be a Det Score of 110. an Interview May Be Required in Conjunction With This for Certain Programs.
- Matriculation Examinations - From European Countries Where English Is Presented as a Subject and an Acceptable Level Is Achieved
- Irish Leaving Certificate English - Ordinary Level Grade D or Above
- TOEFL - 580 (Paper Based) or 90 (Internet Based)
- IELTS - Minimum Score of 6.5* With No Less Than 6.0 in Any Component.
- ETAPP English Test for Academic and Professional Purposes - Grade C1
- GCE ‘O’ Level English Language/ Gcse English Language - Grade C or Above
- University of Cambridge ESOL - Certificate of Proficiency in English - Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English - Grade B
- GCE Examination Boards - Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations - Grade C / Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate - School Certificate Pass 1-6 / University of London Entrance and School Examinations Council - School Certificate Pass 1-6
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic - A Minimum Score of 61 (With No Section Score Below 59)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Infection Prevention and Control in Healthcare
- Health Research Methods/Methodology
- Principles of Primary and Community Care
- Leading and Managing Infection Prevention and Control
- Promoting Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- Health Promotion in Healthcare Practice
- Dissertation 1
- Dissertation 2
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Full Time Tution fee for 2021/2022:
- EU Fee: 4,842€
- Non EU Fee: 11,966&euro
- Critically explore models, principles and standards underpinning infection prevention and control (IPC) practice.
- Critically review the value of effective leadership and governance in the implementation of IPC interventions and in managing contemporary approaches to the field of practice.
- Critically examine the evidence base for microbiological and epidemiological strategies e.g. audit, surveillance and outbreak management.
- Critically explore the importance of clinical governance in assessing risk and implementing quality improvement measures to ensure a safe clinical environment.
- Utilise specialised knowledge, skills, and abilities in clinical decision-making and problem solving.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Infection Prevention and Control Leadership MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!