Health Professions Education MSc
The Graduate Entry Medical School with the support of colleagues in the Schools of Allied Health, Education and Department of Nursing & Midwifery have developed a Masters in Health Professions Education which is designed to meet the educator training needs of busy health professionals both locally and internationally. The program will be offered in two formats to meet the needs of busy healthcare professionals.
Blended Learning (Face to Face and Online/Distance) - targeting those students who favour the social and collaborative nature of face to face learning.
Online/Distance Learning - course code MSHPEDTDA – targeting those individuals who, for whatever reason, cannot present physically on campus. It is also anticipated that this option will provide the platform for targeting international students and alumni.
- A first or second-class Level 8 honours degree (NFQ or recognised equivalent), or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement, in a subject related to the health professions, education or management
- Evidence of a minimum of 2 years clinical professional experience in the health professions, education or management
- The applicant must meet the University’s Minimum English Language Requirements for Taught Post Graduate Programs
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Learning & Teaching in Health Professions Education
- Education Support
- Assessment in Health Professions Education
- Curriculum Development and Design
- Leadership in Health Professions Education
- Research in Health Professions Education
- Research Paper/Dissertation I
- Research Paper/Dissertation II
- EU: €5,423
- Non-EU: €13,395
- EU: €5,268
- Non-EU: €13,008
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Award: NFQ Level 9 Major Award (90 ECTS)
What you will learn At the end of the program graduates will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate a specialised understanding of a complex body of knowledge relating to the theory and pedagogy, research and evidence, and policy and practice of health professions education and its potential as a powerful mechanism for change in health systems, and the educational programs offered across a range of health professions and disciplines.
- Evaluate existing and innovative learning and teaching pedagogies and practices for the purpose of extending or redefining existing knowledge and promoting new insights in health professions education pedagogy, theory and practice.
- Demonstrate creativity, innovation and ethical practice in health professions education.
- Critique, reflect on and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories relating to health professions education.
- Develop practical, generic skills in teaching and assessment, underpinned by an understanding of educational theory.
- Apply advanced knowledge and analytical and practical skills in managing complex problems within health professions education.
- Lead education development within their own practice context.
- Independently design, develop, implement medical education research relevant to their own practice and disseminate outcomes.
- Interpret and communicate knowledge, skills, ideas and solutions related to health professions education to specialist and non-specialist audiences, including stakeholders within the health professions, universities, health services, governments and community.
- Apply advanced knowledge and analysis of educational principles to inform improvements within individuals’ own professional settings.
- Critique, reflect on and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories relating to health professions education, effecting change, innovation and evidence based practice where appropriate.
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Health Professions Education MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...