About this program
Digital Fabrication - Design and Manufacture (Certificate)
Fab Lab Limerick, where the course is based, is a multidisciplinary design and manufacturing hub, part of the University of Limerick and based in Limerick City Centre. The space is equipped with technologies such as 3D printing, Laser Cutting and CNC milling, accessible to designers, craft-persons, entrepreneurs and industry. This course offers the latest advancements and new technologies, innovations in fields of digital fabrication and design. And combines a range of teaching methods, theory, software and hardware tutorials, online tutorials and presentations. The course is suitable for beginners of any level, though effective completion requires self-direction and task, time and resource management. The course involves: A ‘design studio’ approach: an open environment (digital and physical) to complete project work, share resources and learning with teaching staff and fellow students Lectures on the state-of-the-art in digital fabrication, practical projects and talks with experts on prototyping and innovation in their respective fields Participants will gain expertise in software tools, knowledge in a broad range of Computer Aided Design in 2D, 3D and Computer Aided Manufacturing. Expertise in machine operation. Operation of a broad range of digital fabrication equipment –3D printers, Laser Cutters and CNC routers as well as programming, coding and electronics related to prototyping. The course will be marked by continuous portfolio assessment. Dependencies on the lab space will be managed as noted below
English Language Requirements
- Duolingo - The Minimum Requirement Will Be a Det Score of 110. an Interview May Be Required in Conjunction With This for Certain Programmes.
- Matriculation Examinations - From European Countries Where English Is Presented as a Subject and an Acceptable Level Is Achieved
- Irish Leaving Certificate English - Ordinary Level Grade D or Above
- TOEFL - 580 (Paper Based) or 90 (Internet Based)
- IELTS - Minimum Score of 6.5* With No Less Than 6.0 in Any Component.
- ETAPP English Test for Academic and Professional Purposes - Grade C1
- GCE ‘O’ Level English Language/ Gcse English Language - Grade C or Above
- University of Cambridge ESOL - Certificate of Proficiency in English - Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English - Grade B
- GCE Examination Boards - Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations - Grade C / Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate - School Certificate Pass 1-6 / University of London Entrance and School Examinations Council - School Certificate Pass 1-6
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic - A Minimum Score of 61 (With No Section Score Below 59)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fab Learning Portfolio
- Career Development
- Digital Technology
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tution fee for 2021/2022: 1735€
Qualification - NFQ Level 7 Minor Award
Message the school
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Digital Fabrication - Design and Manufacture (Certificate)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!