About this program
Bachelor of Science in Paramedic Studies
As the first university in Ireland to currently offer Paramedic Studies at undergraduate degree level, our innovative campus with state-of-the-art high fidelity simulation, offers unequalled opportunities for the developing paramedic student.
Applicants must hold, on enrolment, the Leaving Certificate (or approved equivalent) with a minimum of 6 subjects including: 2 H5 (Higher level) and 4 O6 (Ordinary level) or 4 H7 grades. Subjects to include Maths, Irish or another language and English.
Applicants must hold an O6/H7 in Biology; Physics; Chemistry; Physics and Chemistry; or Agricultural Science.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Human Science (Biology, Physics & Chemistry)
- Structure of the Body in Illness and Injury
- Core Anatomy and Physiology (Part A)
- Paramedic and Population Health
- Patient Centred Practice
- Emergency Driving Theory
- Core Anatomy and Physiology (Part B)
- Principles of Emergency Care 1
- Principles of Emergency Care 2
- Respiratory System in the Community
- Cardiovascular System in the Community
- Rostered Clinical Placement 1
- Rostered Clinical Placement 2
- Rostered Clinical Placement 3
- Anatomy and Physiology in Emergent Care 1
- Anatomy and Physiology in Emergent Care 2
- Principles of Pre-Hospital Emergency Care 1
- Principles of Pre-Hospital Emergency Care 2
- Pre-Hospital Trauma ManagementPre-Hospital Trauma Management
- Population Health and Emergent Care
- Introduction to Emergent Care Research
- Pre-Hospital Research Proposal
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tution fee for 2021/2022:
- EU Fee: 7356&euro
- Non EU Fee: 25,212&euro
NFQ Level 8 major Award Honours Bachelor Degree NFQ Level 8
As a graduate of Paramedic Studies, you will be ready for employment within state and private emergency medical services.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science in Paramedic Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...