About this program
Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security and IT Forensics
Today, at the start of the 21st century, computers, networks and mobile devices are everywhere. We rely on them for our banking, for our shopping, to store and send all kinds of sensitive and important data. But are they safe? When you use an ATM machine, how do you know that your transaction is secure? When you order groceries, how can you trust the system not to give away your credit card details?
Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with a minimum of six subjects which must include: Two H5 (Higher Level) grades and Four O6 (Ordinary Level) grades or four H7 (Higher Level) grades. Subjects must include Mathematics, Irish or another language, and English.
In addition, applicants must hold a minimum grade O2/H6 in Mathematics.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Model Driven Development
- Fundamentals of Computer Organisation
- Foundations of Computer Science 1
- Discrete Mathematics
- Software Development
- Games Modelling Design
- Computer Systems Organisation
- Analogue Electronics
- Computer Mathematics
- Intro to Web & Database Technology
- Computer Software 3
- Operating Systems 1
- Modern Communications: Fundamentals
- Introduction to Securityand Cryptography
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Mobile App Development
- Operating Systems 2
- TCP/IP Networking
- Data Security
- Computer Networks: Standards, Protocols and the IoT
- Outcome-based Learning Laboratory
- Distributed Computing with Java
- Embedded Software
- Computer Law, Investigation & Ethics
- Co-Operative Education (including summer)
- Introduction to Data Engineering and Machine Learning
- Applied Cloud Computing
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Electroncis & the Environment
- Project 1
- Mobile & Wireless Communications
- Host and Network Security
- Project Management & Practice
- Computer Forensics
- Project 2
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee varies, please visit the university's website for more information.
NFQ Level 8 major Award Honours Bachelor Degree
- Designing and testing networks, computer software and security
- Programming and software development skills
- Using specialist knowledge creatively and innovatively to solve problems
- Developing for the Internet of Things—from sensors to cloud
- Developing mobile devices and applications
- Sensors, analog and digital circuits and systems
- Pragmatism and practicality to turn a concept into reality
- Written and oral communication
- Project management
- Professionalism and the ability to work to an ethical code
- Operating systems (e.g. Linux)
- Computer forensics and law
- Distributed and cloud computing
- MEng in Computer and Communications Systems
- MEng in Information and Network Security
- Research Masters or PhD
Graduates progressing directly into employment take up a wide variety of roles. The following provides a sample of initial roles listed on the Graduate Outcomes Survey by graduates approximately one year after graduation:
- Associate Cloud Engineer
- Associate Technical Support Engineer
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Graduate Software Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Sales Technician
- Software Engineer
- Technical Implementation Consultant
- Technical Remote Specialist
- Technical Support Engineer
Message the school
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security and IT Forensics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!