Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems
The Computer Systems programme at UL aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills to become a successful and effective computer professional.
Many advanced and highly sophisticated software-intensive systems underpin the modern world. For example, software-based systems play an important role in all kinds of systems including smart cities, smart homes, social networks, manufacturing, finance, education, medicine, transport, and entertainment.
Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with a minimum of six subjects which must include: Two H5 (Higher Level) grades and Four O6 (Ordinary Level) grades or four H7 (Higher Level) grades. Subjects must include Mathematics, Irish or another language, and English.
In addition, applicants must hold a minimum grade O2/H6 in Mathematics.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Representation and Modelling
- Introduction to Programming
- Foundations of Computer Science 1
- Fundamentals of Computer Organisation
- Discrete Mathematics
- Games Modelling Design
- Software Development
- Foundations of Computer Science 2
- Computing System Organisation
- Computer Maths 2
- Object Oriented Development
- Operating Systems
- Database Systems
- SoftwareTesting and Inspection
- Software Requirements and Modelling
- Intelligent Systems
- Event Driven Programming
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computer Graphics
- Statistics for Computing
- Cooperative Education
- Cooperative Education
- Project Management and Practice
- Professional Issues in Computing
- Mobile Application Development
- Software Development Project
- Machine Learning: Methods and Applications
- Computer Systems Project 1
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Advanced Programming Concepts and Practices
- Big Data Management and Security
- Neural Computing
- Computer Systems Project 2 (Double Weighted)
- Software Design and Architecture
- Programming LanguageTechnology
- Data Mining
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Full Time Tution fee for 2021/2022:
- EU Fee: 7,356€
- Non EU Fee: 16,794€
NFQ Level 8 major Award Honours Bachelor Degree
- Evaluating potential risks and designing creative solutions
- Communicating *written and verbal)
- Report writing
- Presenting reasoned arguments
- Retrieving information
- Coping with rapid technological changes
- Developing commercial awareness
- Ability to construct, design and specify computer-based systems
- Time management and organisation
- Architectural and programming design patterns
- Verification and validation
- Agile development
- MEng in Information and Network Security
- MSc in Software Engineering
- MSc in Mathematical Modelling
Graduates progressing directly into employment take up a wide variety of roles. The following provides a sample of initial roles listed on the Graduate Outcomes Survey by graduates approximately one year after graduation:
- Application Support
- Associate Build Systems Engineer
- Associate Software Developer/Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Data Centre Engineer
- Freelance Wordpress Designer
- Implementation Web Developer
- IT Analyst
- Java Engineer
- Junior Software Engineer
- Network Software Engineer
- Production Technician
- Program Manager
- QA Software Tester
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Sharepoint Consultant
- Software Developer/Engineer
- Software Technician
- System Test Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Technical Support
- Unix Programmer
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Surrey (British Columbia), Canada
Campbellsville, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America