About this program
Applied Linguistics (International) MA
The Graduate Diploma/Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics (International) is a one-year taught programme and is offered on a full-time basis using a combination of faculty-student contact hours and self-directed learning and research. The MA is about exploring language in use in a wide variety of real-world situations and contexts (education, politics and wider society). The MA has a strong international focus both in practical terms with the possibility of an overseas semester, as well as advanced language options in English as a Foreign Language, French, German, Spanish (all languages may not run each year), and in theoretical terms reflecting faculty research interest in language and globalisation.
English Language Requirements
- Duolingo - The Minimum Requirement Will Be a Det Score of 110. an Interview May Be Required in Conjunction With This for Certain Programmes.
- Matriculation Examinations - From European Countries Where English Is Presented as a Subject and an Acceptable Level Is Achieved
- Irish Leaving Certificate English - Ordinary Level Grade D or Above
- TOEFL - 580 (Paper Based) or 90 (Internet Based)
- IELTS - Minimum Score of 6.5* With No Less Than 6.0 in Any Component.
- ETAPP English Test for Academic and Professional Purposes - Grade C1
- GCE ‘O’ Level English Language/ Gcse English Language - Grade C or Above
- University of Cambridge ESOL - Certificate of Proficiency in English - Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English - Grade B
- GCE Examination Boards - Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations - Grade C / Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate - School Certificate Pass 1-6 / University of London Entrance and School Examinations Council - School Certificate Pass 1-6
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic - A Minimum Score of 61 (With No Section Score Below 59)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied Linguistics
- Research Methodologies
- Language and Inclusion in Organisations
- External Academic Placement
- External Academic Placement Project
- Research Dissertation in the area of
- Applied Linguistics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tution fee for 2021/2022:
- EU Fee:6,030€
- Non EU Fee:13,140€
Message the school
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Applied Linguistics (International) MA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!