About this program
Bachelor in International Economics and Commercial Diplomacy
The aim of the Program is to prepare highly qualified specialists who working in state, private and international institutions will have good command in issues of international economy and commercial diplomacy, will be able to take independent decisions, handle everyday tasks and cooperate with Latvian and foreign organizations, offices and enterprises.
The planned results of the Program are the ensuring of the following general and specific competences: orienting in the processes of the contemporary international economy and the ability to analyse them by using statistical, econometric and other methods of quantitative and qualitative analysis; understanding about the basic conditions of commercial diplomacy in order to participate efficiently in the activities of international trade, finance and other, including negotiations, signing of agreements, representing national or corporate interests etc.; abilities to orient in global economic environment and to take decisions in the circumstances of global competition.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
Applicants applying for undergraduate degree studies are required to have completed their secondary /high school education.
Grades in Biology or Naturescience, Mathematics or Physics or Chemistry must be no less than 6 (or “almost good”) in a 10 point grading system.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Latvian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Applicants must upload education documents in their original language, as well as translations into English.
Applicants must prove their English language knowledge. University accepts the following international language tests:
- LanguageCert International ESOL at least Level Communicator B2 (Written and Spoken exams);
- TOEFL IBT – at least score 72
- TOEFL Essential – at least 8 points
- IELTS – at least score 5.5
- PTE General – at least level B2
- FCE – at least level B
- CPE – Proficiency/C2 Proficiency: any level
- CAE – C1 Advanced any level
Applicants who have obtained previous education in English in one of the bellow listed countries do not need to provide separate language proficiency:
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Civil protection
- Economic and Business Informatics
- History of Economic Theories
- Financial analysis and planning of taxes
- History of Culture and Cultural Studies
- Record Keeping and Correspondence
- Mathematics for Economics and Business
- Political Science
- Research methods
- Research Seminar
- Communication Psychology
- Statistics in Economics and Business
- Human Development Concept
- Business accounting
- Environment protection
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fee per year - 3000 EUR for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens, permanent residence permit holders and their family members
- Tuition fee per year - 3300 EUR for citizens of other countries
Credits:160 or 240
Degree to be achieved: Bachelor of Social sciences in Economics
The tasks of the prgramme are:
- to give theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of international economy, commercial diplomacy and humanities in general;
- to enable students with skills and professional competences, as well as to develop skills to work successfully in various national and international level institutions and organizations;
- to involve students in solving concrete practical tasks in seminars, during internship and working out the bachelor's thesis, improving skills to secure the development of industries of national economy according to growing demand, to attract foreign investments and foster the growth of export products and services;
- to develop the skills of presentations and scientific polemics, communication skills, team work skills, skills to obtain, analyse and use information as well as skills to perform data analysis;
- to ensure the command of foreign languages of different levels;
- to ensure the solid ground for continuation of studies at masters and doctoral studies level as well as skills for self-perfection.
Graduates are working in the institutions of foreign affairs and economics in Latvia, as well as in the institutions of European Union and in international, state, non-governmental and private organizations, in multinational corporations, in embassies, and banks.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Latvia
The University of Latvia (UL) offers European-level higher education and skills necessary for the labor market, scientific research, and self-development. The quality of studies, research, international collaboration, and innovations ranked the UL among 4% of the world’s best universities. The...
Why study at University of Latvia
10 reasons to study at the UL:
- Financial support to best students
- Wide range of international exchange programmes to world’s top universities
- Comprehensive and high-quality study programmes in fields of Humanities, Social and Natural sciences
- Worldwide recognized Diploma
- Modern study environment
- Internship opportunities in Latvia and abroad
- Inspiring academic and supportive administrative staff
- Opportunity to create and start your own business during studies at the Student Business Incubator
- Excellent leisure facilities and interesting student life
- Affordable and guaranteed place in student dormitories
Want to know more about Bachelor in International Economics and Commercial Diplomacy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!