Photography (Top-up) - BA (Hons)
Although this Program offers a natural progression route from the HND in Photography at West Kent College, we also welcome and encourage applications from students who have achieved a HND or foundation degree in photography or a related subject at another college or university. It will enable you to convert your Level 5 HND or Foundation Degree qualification into a Level 6 Bachelor's degree with this one year Program.
The Program supports the use of a wide range of photographic, lens-based, techniques and approaches to produce creative imagery and you will be encouraged to develop professional practice to a very high standard in your chosen area.
At Kent, we encourage all those who have the ability to study at university to apply, and we accept a wide range of qualifications. Please note that each program of study will have specific entry requirements, look up your program using our course finder and check under the 'Entry requirements' tab.
Subjects accepted for the General Entry Requirement:
- A levels
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
We are happy to consider other qualifications on a case-by-case basis, including the following qualifications, providing they demonstrate a satisfactory standard and include a pass in English at the equivalent of GCSE:
- Scottish (SQA) higher/advanced higher qualifications
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- Certificate in Education
- University degree
- Advanced International Certificate of Education
- Advanced Placement (AP) – a minimum of two full APs is required
- Overseas certificates (including some other European Union (EU) countries)
- Higher School Certificate of Matriculation of approved overseas and EU authorities
- American High School Diplomas if accompanied by two full AP passes
- School Certificates and Higher School Certificates awarded by a body approved by the University
- Matriculation from an approved university, with a pass in English Language at GCSE/O level or an equivalent level in an approved English language test
- Kent’s foundation programs, provided you meet the subject requirements for the degree course you intend to study
- An examination pass accepted as equivalent to any of the above.
For information on entry requirements for your country, see our International Student website.
English Language Requirements
The University requires all non-native speakers of English to reach a minimum standard of proficiency in written and spoken English before beginning a postgraduate degree. Certain subjects require a higher level. See our English language requirements page on our website for full details.
For specific entry requirements for your country and other relevant information, see the International Student website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The following modules are offered on this Program. This listing is based on the current curriculum and may change year to year in response to new curriculum developments and innovation.
You study the following three modules:
- Advanced Professional Practice (30, 45 and 60 credit options)
- Creative Brief (15 credits)
- Commercial Brief (15 credits)
- Professional Presentation and Portfolio (15 credits)
- Exhibition Brief (15 credits)
- Dissertation (15, 30 and 45 credit options)
- Major Project (45 credits).
You will be required to choose module options which total 120 credits.
Scholarships & funding
The University of Kent has a long tradition of welcoming international students from around the world and is pleased to offer a wide range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships, including dedicated Scholarships for our International students. Further details on our Scholarships available and how to apply is on our Scholarships webpages.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Please visit the university website for information about further studies.
About this institute
University of Kent
The University of Kent is a global university with outstanding teaching, modern facilities, award-winning student support and welcoming study locations. Over 18,000 students from 152 countries study across its two spacious UK campuses and specialist postgraduate centres in Europe. The...
Why study at University of Kent
Shortlisted in the Outstanding Support for Students category of the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
Superb student experience
Our students consistently rate us as offering one of the best student experiences in the UK
We pride ourselves on our strong international focus, and enable our students to develop a global perspective
First class facilities
Kent students benefit from continual investment in facilities, academic programmes and services.
Want to know more about Photography (Top-up) - BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America