Photography - HNDUniversity of Kent
About this program
Photography - HND
Designed and taught by practicing photographers, academics and artists, this Program provides a rich and diverse experience. A range of transferable skills are embedded within the Program and there is a strong emphasis on professional development to equip you for employment.
The Program provides you with the opportunity to develop skills in the following areas: - A wide range of traditional processes and techniques along with medium and large format photography - Use of specialist software widely used in the industry, such as Photoshop and In Design - Digital color management as used in a professional context and various post-production techniques - Studio and location photography using electronic flash - Video – Premier Pro and moving image capture - Design – you will be asked to produce books, page layouts and other promotional material.
At Kent, we encourage all those who have the ability to study at university to apply, and we accept a wide range of qualifications. Please note that each program of study will have specific entry requirements, look up your program using our course finder and check under the 'Entry requirements' tab.
Subjects accepted for the General Entry Requirement:
- A levels
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
We are happy to consider other qualifications on a case-by-case basis, including the following qualifications, providing they demonstrate a satisfactory standard and include a pass in English at the equivalent of GCSE:
- Scottish (SQA) higher/advanced higher qualifications
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- Certificate in Education
- University degree
- Advanced International Certificate of Education
- Advanced Placement (AP) – a minimum of two full APs is required
- Overseas certificates (including some other European Union (EU) countries)
- Higher School Certificate of Matriculation of approved overseas and EU authorities
- American High School Diplomas if accompanied by two full AP passes
- School Certificates and Higher School Certificates awarded by a body approved by the University
- Matriculation from an approved university, with a pass in English Language at GCSE/O level or an equivalent level in an approved English language test
- Kent’s foundation programs, provided you meet the subject requirements for the degree course you intend to study
- An examination pass accepted as equivalent to any of the above.
For information on entry requirements for your country, see our International Student website.
English Language Requirements
The University requires all non-native speakers of English to reach a minimum standard of proficiency in written and spoken English before beginning a postgraduate degree. Certain subjects require a higher level. See our English language requirements page on our website for full details.
For specific entry requirements for your country and other relevant information, see the International Student website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The following modules are offered on this Program. This listing is based on the current curriculum and may change year to year in response to new curriculum developments and innovation.
- Concepts in Photography (30 credits)
- Visual Design (30 credits)
- Digital Imaging (20 credits)
- Photographic Techniques and Materials (25 credits)
- Professional Practice 1 (15 credits)
- Professional Practice 2 (30 credits)
- Critical Studies (30 credits)
- Digital Media (30 credits) (study of video)
- Specialist Project (30 credits)
Scholarships & funding
The University of Kent has a long tradition of welcoming international students from around the world and is pleased to offer a wide range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships, including dedicated Scholarships for our International students. Further details on our Scholarships available and how to apply is on our Scholarships webpages.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees.
Please visit the university website for information about further studies.
Message the school
About this institute
The University of Kent. Where ambition puts global success in your reach.
We are all part of a vibrant, creative and inclusive university seeking to make our mark. When you choose Kent for international study, you're choosing the perfect gateway to the world beyond. A place for unlocking your ambition. Taking your...
Why study at University of Kent
Shortlisted in the Outstanding Support for Students category of the Times Higher Education Awards 2018.
Superb student experience
Our students consistently rate us as offering one of the best student experiences in the UK
We pride ourselves on our strong international focus, and enable our students to develop a global perspective
First class facilities
Kent students benefit from continual investment in facilities, academic programmes and services.
University of Kent
Fax +44 (0)1227 827077
Want to know more about Photography - HND? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!