Study a masters in global criminal law
This masters in global criminal law program offers you the two-fold opportunity to study substantive and procedural criminal law from a comparative and international perspective but also to specialize in the study of specific criminal behavior: organised and financial crimes, cybercrimes, and international crimes.
You will study how international and transnational crimes are prevented, investigated, and prosecuted as well if criminal law is an effective tool in the the context of globalized criminality.
The curriculum for the global criminal law program focuses on:
- Comparative Criminal Law (6 EC)
- Criminal Procedure and Human Rights (6 EC)
- Organised and Financial Crime (6 EC)
- Cyber crime and Cybersecurity (6 EC)
- International Criminal Tribunals and Courts (6 EC)
- Seminar International Cooperation in Criminal Matters (6 EC)
- International Crimes (6 EC)Master's thesis (18 EC)
Applicants wishing to apply for the masters in law program should meet the following requirements:
- GPA of 2.75/4, 3.5/5, 7/10, 70/100
- Basic knowledge of law
- If you are not a native speaker of English, you will need to provide proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL: 92, IELTS: 6.5, CAE or CPE)
- 2 academic references should be provided
- Applicants must send a motivation letter (max. 650 words). The letter should be written by the applicants themselves; it is not allowed to submit an (official) translation.
EU students 2019-2020: €2,083/year
Non- EU students 2019-2020: €14,650/ year
Upon successful completion of the program, you'll receive a master of law degree.
The University of Groningen is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands, founded in 1614 the university ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world. We are a research intensive institution offering a wide range of highly regarded bachelor,...
Want to know more about Masters in Global Criminal Law? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.