Online MSc Health Professions EducationUniversity of Glasgow
Online MSc Health Professions Education
To keep pace with technology, personalized care and ever-shifting policies and budgets, today’s health professionals are on a journey of lifelong learning. For those with the ambition to deliver the necessary training and development, a world of opportunity awaits.
Designed for people in clinical roles who aspire to more influential teaching, management or research-based roles in health education, our online Health Professions Education postgraduate program gives you all you need to know. Also, you can be confident that the models of teaching and assessment taught here follow standards set by the General Medical Council.
Run by one of the largest, most prestigious medical schools in Europe, the School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing, studying online here means you’re on the pulse of contemporary medical thinking. Our pedigree, originally founded by alumnus William Hunter’s transformational anatomy teaching techniques, continues in today’s postgraduate projects, covering everything from human nutrition to paediatric endocrinology.
Our medical education research currently informs the strategies of NHS Education Scotland and other regulatory bodies, and helps us turn our discoveries into beneficial clinical practices.
- Entry requirements: Possess a degree from a recognized institution in medical, dental, nursing, or from another appropriate health profession. Applications will also be considered from individuals with other relevant degree qualifications, who are, or aspire to be, employed in the education of health professionals. Applicants should ideally work in a health professions environment.
- International students: Applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In this program, you will:
- Debate principles behind learning and teaching and the nature of knowledge and evidence
- Evaluate and apply appropriate theories, practices, assessment strategies and curriculum models
- Appraise the impact of technology-enhanced learning and teaching on education
- Identify the drivers for particular curricula and evaluate their influence
- Explore the impact of policy on healthcare education development
- Critically assess governance mechanisms in health professions education
Our distance learning Health Professions Education program offers you the flexibility to take one of two research routes in the second year, tailored to your career goals. There’s a qualitative and quantitative research-focused option for those interested in learning about the design, conduct and governance of education research. For practitioners keen to apply educational theory and evidence to specific contexts, we offer an alternative route, with optional courses including curricula management, design and evaluation.
Both channels provide plenty of opportunities to put theory into practice, alongside your peers and lecturers – a perfect solution for working professionals wishing to develop specialist skills, without having to relocate to our campus. It’s this collaborative, practical approach that activates your learning and gives you the skills to propel your career.
About this institute
University of Glasgow
Fueled by cutting-edge research from one of the world’s top 100 universities (QS World University Rankings 2020), the University of Glasgow will help you hone your skills for a range of life-changing careers. It doesn’t matter where you live or...
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.