Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Online Master of Public HealthUniversity of Glasgow
Online Master of Public Health
All available course dates
Online Master of Public Health
Outdated health policy risks the wellbeing of individuals, families and communities. It takes a confident and committed person to drive the necessary changes to safeguard public health. Whatever your healthcare background, our Online Masters of Public Health (MPH) gives you all the experience you need without interrupting your career. It’s essential learning for those working in health improvement, health protection and humanitarian aid.
Our distance learning program has an emphasis on original research, psychosocial and international approaches to public health. Widely recognized by health organizations and businesses the world over, a Master of Public Health opens up careers in teaching, health program management, epidemiology and academic research.
The University has offered a postgraduate public health program since 1981, and has been involved in public health education since 1893. Run by the College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences, home to world leading expertise across an impressive diversity of disciplines, the course features interdisciplinary expertise from environmental protection, sociology and health economics.
- Entry requirements: 2:1 or equivalent from a recognized institution or 2:2 in a related field, with at least six months’ work experience in public health or healthcare.
- International students: Applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In this program, you will learn to:
- Appraise policy and assess its contribution to public health
- Apply principles of epidemiology, statistical analysis and health improvement in the field
- Identify, analyze and apply social, economic and environmental theories to improve services
- Assess and debate explanations for the persistence of public health inequalities
- Evaluate initiatives to improve overall population health
- Explore models of disease causation and design strategies to mitigate risk
- Review evidence, interpret data and employ research methods to meet current public health challenges
Widely recognized by health organizations and businesses the world over, a Master of Public Health opens up careers in teaching, health program management, epidemiology and academic research.
About this institute
University of Glasgow
Fueled by cutting-edge research from one of the world’s top 100 universities (QS World University Rankings 2020), the University of Glasgow will help you hone your skills for a range of life-changing careers. It doesn’t matter where you live or...
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...