Bachelor of Science (BSc)
The UFV Bachelor of Science (BSc) is a program of academic study for students pursuing educational or career goals in the natural sciences. The program requirements encourage a breadth of intellectual and academic experience, and at the same time, recognize the importance of concentrated study in a specific field or discipline. The BSc may serve as an educational goal in itself, as qualification for those who wish to pursue advanced degrees at other educational institutions, or as a qualification for employment.
First-year courses can be completed at either the Abbotsford or Chilliwack campus. Currently, most courses beyond first year are only offered at the Abbotsford campus.
- B.C. secondary school graduation or equivalent, or completion of nine university-level credits with a minimum GPA of 2.00 in all university courses attempted.
- Mathematics requirement: one of the following:
- Pre-calculus 12 or Principles of Mathematics 12 with a minimum grade of B
- Calculus 12 with a minimum grade of A
- MATH 095 with a minimum grade of B
- MATH 096 with a minimum grade of B
- MATH 092 and MATH 093, each with a minimum grade of B
- MDPT score of 70% or better
- MATH 110 with a minimum grade of C+
- MATH 111 with a minimum grade of C
- Science requirement: one course from one of the following disciplines, with a minimum grade of C+:
- Biology: Anatomy and Physiology 12, Biology 12, BIO 093, or BIO 111
- Chemistry: Chemistry 12, CHEM 093 (discontinued), CHEM 110, or CHEM 113
- Geography: Physical Geography 12, Geography 12, GEOG 101 (discontinued), GEOG 102 (discontinued), or GEOG 103
- Geology: Geology 12 or GEOG 116
- Physics: Physics 12, PHYS 093, PHYS 100, PHYS 101, PHYS 105, or PHYS 111
- English requirement: Applicants must meet the Degree/diploma level English language proficiency requirement.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Students can choose to study honours, major, minor, or double-minor in the following subjects:
- Applied Statistics
- Computing Science
- Physical Geography
- Mathematics (Statistics option)
For information about tuition fees, please visit the program webpage.
Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree
About this institute
University of the Fraser Valley
The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is an accredited public Canadian university which serves 15,000 students, 1,900 of which are international students. UFV offers 16 bachelor's degrees, two master's degrees, and over 100 certificates and diploma programs in areas...
Why study at University of the Fraser Valley
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Science (BSc)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Alliance, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Cedar City, United States of America