Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Business Administration (Human Resources Management)University of the Fraser Valley
Business Administration (Human Resources Management)
Equip yourself for a successful career in Human Resource Management. By drawing on the principles of multiple disciplines, including business, psychology and sociology, you will learn to identify and analyze people-related problems, and develop solutions that strengthen organizations. Students who successfully complete the major and maintain at least two consecutive years of student membership in the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of BC & Yukon have the option of being exempt from writing the National Knowledge Exam component of obtaining their CPHR designation.
The Human Resources Management major is multidisciplinary and exposes students to a variety of viewpoints and theoretical perspectives. Classes are highly interactive and emphasize teamwork, experiential exercises, and application of concepts to real-world problems. In particular, students have the opportunity to develop their oral and written communication skills. Without people, organizations cannot exist: the concepts and frameworks that students learn in HR classes equips them to manage strategically and engage employees.
There are two options for admission to this program:
- Option 1: Secondary school (for students with secondary school graduation only)
- Option 2: Option 2: University entrance (for applicants who have completed at least nine post-secondary credits at a recognized institution)
For information about requirements for each option, please visit the program webpage.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Business
- Computerized Business Applications and MIS
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Academic Writing
- Calculus for Business
- Essentials of Marketing
- Introductory Financial Accounting I
- Communicating Professionally to Academic and Workplace Audiences
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Statistics I
- Introductory Financial Accounting II
- Organizational Behaviour
- Professional Selling
- Introduction to Finance
- Professional Report Writing
- Human Resource Management
- Economic and Business Statistics
- New Business Development
- Introductory Management Accounting
- Business Law
- Organization Theory and Design
- Industrial Relations
- Recruitment and Selection
- Business Research Methods
- Financial Management I
- Training and Development
- Managerial Economics
- Management Science
- Compensation and Benefits
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Management Simulation
- Workplace Health and Safety
For information about tuition fees, please visit the program webpage.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree
- Entry-level: Human Resources Assistant
- Entry-level: HR Generalist/Administrative Assistant
- Executive level: Director, Human Resources
About this institute
University of the Fraser Valley
The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is an accredited public Canadian university which serves 15,000 students, 1,900 of which are international students. UFV offers 16 bachelor's degrees, two master's degrees, and over 100 certificates and diploma programs in areas...
Why study at University of the Fraser Valley
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Business Administration (Human Resources Management)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Surrey (British Columbia), Canada
Chicago, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America