Business Administration (Finance Option)University of the Fraser Valley
Business Administration (Finance Option)
The skills developed within the Finance major reflect those demanded in the financial services industry. This major is specifically designed to provide students with training in the major areas of finance including: corporate finance, investment management, money and banking, and international finance. Upon completion of this option, students will have developed the skills necessary for success in the financial services industry and their pursuit for professional designations.
There are two options for admission to this program:
- Option 1: Secondary school (for students with secondary school graduation only)
- Option 2: University entrance (for applicants who have completed at least nine post-secondary credits at a recognized institution)
For information about requirements for each option, please visit the program webpage.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Business
- Computerized Business Applications and MIS
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Academic Writing
- Calculus for Business
- Essentials of Marketing
- Introductory Financial Accounting I
- Communicating Professionally to Academic and Workplace Audiences
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Statistics I
- Introductory Financial Accounting II
- Organizational Behaviour
- Professional Selling
- Introduction to Finance
- Professional Report Writing
- Human Resource Management
- Economic and Business Statistics
- New Business Development
- Introductory Management Accounting
- Business Law
- Business Research Methods
- Financial Management I
- Managerial Economics
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Risk Management and Financial Engineering
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Management Science
- International Financial Management
- Financial Management II
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Management Simulation
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Macroeconomics and Financial Markets
For information about tuition fees, please visit the program webpage.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree
- The Finance major also provides some, but not all, of the necessary prerequisites for the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) program
- Entry level: Financial Analyst
- Entry-level: Investment Banking Junior Analyst
- Executive level: VP Hedge Funds
- Executive level: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
About this institute
University of the Fraser Valley
The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is an accredited public Canadian university which serves 15,000 students, 1,900 of which are international students. UFV offers 16 bachelor's degrees, two master's degrees, and over 100 certificates and diploma programs in areas...
Why study at University of the Fraser Valley
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Business Administration (Finance Option)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
8,300 EUR-9,100 EUR