Web DesignUniversity of Florida
All available course dates
About this program
Our multi-faceted master’s program in Web Design takes a three-pronged approach to this exciting and in-demand field, with courses in design skills, communication theory and code.That’s right, code.Gone are the days of waiting for someone with technical expertise to create the platform you need to present your team’s creative storytelling and showcase your organization’s content.
Our unique and industry-advancing approach to teaching Web Design that incorporates visual design, communication theory and full-stack development will provide you with the confidence and skills you need to create dynamic websites tailored to client and audience needs.
You will actively engage with your fellow learners and give and receive constructive feedback from peers and instructors beginning on day one. The culmination of your program includes a capstone course where you will develop work for your portfolio to help you land that next job or promotion, and best market your skills.
Admission standards are set by the University of Florida Graduate School, the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications, and the concentration area to which you are applying. The minimum requirements to be considered for admission to a UF CJC Online graduate program include:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A minimum upper-division undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Grades will be verified through a review of official transcripts
- Applicants who have earned their undergraduate or graduate degree(s) at the University of Florida do not need to submit official transcripts as those records are on file
- A submitted UF application
- All applicants must complete, submit the application and pay the application fee
Additional Instructions for International Students:
UF requires proficiency in spoken and written English and accepts the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The university’s TOEFL code is 5812.
Minimum scores acceptable for international admissions are:
- TOEFL: 550 (paper test); 90 (internet-based)
- IELTS: 6
- MELAB: 77
- Verbal GRE: 140
- Please note: The TOEFL ITP is not accepted for admission purposes
UF CJC Online programs are designed for students who crave:
- Courses that challenge them to grow as communicators through hands-on assignments where they receive detailed constructive feedback from peers and instructors
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities
- Creative storytelling skills
- A transformative student-centered learning experience
- Personalized attention from highly engaged faculty
- An affordable and respected graduate degree from a top-10 public university
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced Web Topic 1: Advanced Design
- Advanced Web Topic 2: Programming and Specialized Topics Credits
- Advanced Web Topics 3: Web Interactivity and Engagement
- Corporate and Brand Identity on the Web
- Digital Imagery in Web Design
- Digital Media Layout and Design
- Foundations of Visual Communications Design
- Mass Communication Theory
- User Experience (UX) Theory and Research
- Web Design Principles
- Web Research Methods
- Capstone: Web Design and Online Communication
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The online Master of Arts in Mass Communication with a concentration in Web Design includes 37 credit hours: 34 hours of coursework plus three final credits in the capstone course. The program curriculum is guided by an Advisory Board of top industry experts, with courses taught by industry professionals and University of Florida faculty. Full-time students can complete their master’s degree in as few as 16 months.
Tuition Fees: $599.75 per credit hour
Courses are designed to teach students how to:
- Create branded messaging for digital platforms
- Code a fully responsive website tailored to client and audience needs
- Design effective communications campaigns
- Utilize theory to create effective integrated marketing campaigns
- Apply the principles and elements of design to online landscapes
Our program will position you to take your career to any industry, and serve any mission. You can focus your career on creating graphics and logos, or serve as a marketing director, or even take your coding skills to a rewarding career in software engineering. Whether as a Graphic Designer, Web Producer, Full Stack Developer or UX Designer, there is no limit to where a master’s degree in Web Design will take you in today’s digital world.
Specific positions you may qualify for upon graduation include:
- Brand Manager
- Digital Media Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Full Stack Web Developer
- Online Marketing Manager
- Senior Web Producer
- Web Content Coordinator
- Web Designer
- Web Manager
- UX Designer/Manager
Message the school
About this institute
University of Florida
Founded in 1853, The University of Florida is one of the three "preeminent universities" among the twelve universities of the State University System of Florida and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a Top 5 Public University....
Want to know more about Web Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America