MA Innovation Design ManagementUniversity of Europe for Applied Sciences
MA Innovation Design Management
All available course dates
About this program
Innovation Design Management (M.A.)
Learn how to give companies a competitive edge and how to increase their value by infusing business with creative methodologies such as design thinking and an entrepreneurial approach.
In its recently published study from October 2018 called “The Business Value of Design”, the global consulting firm McKinsey & Company demonstrated that companies who regard design and the employment of creativity as principal drivers in their value-generation outperform industry-benchmark growth by as much as two to one.
Comprehensive disruption through digitisation, changing marketplaces, and consumer behaviour have created a new professional playing field between creative design, business strategy, and IT development. Innovation-centered companies increasingly look for managers who understand how to use design as a prominent driving factor behind business decisions and how to incorporate right-brain-thinking and an artistic attitude in business, as strategic assets in the generation of innovation and sustainable consumer-value, and in the transformation of a companies’ organisation and vision.
This new Master programme “Innovation Design Management” is positioned right at the intersection of design and business. It wants to shape individuals who accept these complex, fast-paced challenges and who take an integrated approach with strategies that combine the best of design, business, and technology. This is, among others, accomplished through a range of intense project activities that will be held in close cooperation with leading industry professionals and actual enterprises who face these very challenges.
Graduates will be employed in highly innovation- or design-driven companies as Chief Design Officers, Design Managers, Strategic Brand Managers, or Venture Architects.
- EURO 3.000 (EURO three thousand) This reservation fee will be deducted from the total amount of study fees. (Not applicable for EU applicants)
- Official translation to English or German for those documents in different language.
- German taught programmes needs both English / German language certificate
- Minimum English language level is B1
- German taught programmes needs both English / German language certificate* : Minimum English language level is B1
Admission requirements for different length of masters:
- Fast Track 2 semesters: Bachelor 180 ECTS + 120 ECTS Master
- Thesis Focus 3 semesters: Bachelor 210 ECTS + 90 ECTS Master
- Industry Placed 4 semesters: Bachelor 240 ECTS + 60 ECTS Master
- Application form
- Secondary School Diploma / Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript of records. Relevance of your bachelor’s degree subject to the master’s degree programme (e.g. design, art, architecture) and amount of credits (equivalent to 210 or 240 ECTS credits depending on the Master’s programme)
- English / German language certificate* or request to waive**
- CV - up to date
- Passport copy
- Letter of motivation/intent with answers to 4 IDM-specific questions is mandatory
- Work experience certificate if applicable
Please note: Some applicants might be asked to participate in an interview (through Skype). This will take approx. 30 to 45 minutes and includes a general discussion about the your motivation.
Include up to 10 visual or interactive projects (with accompanying image series, sketches and/or other visual/textual material) This should be original work that highlights a range of your abilities and interests. This might include illustrations, graphic novel spread, poster series, games, character development, photo essays, collages, paintings, sculptures, marketing or social campaigns, short films, animations, applications or websites, personal creative projects, as well as text-based conceptual projects. We are also interested in seeing excerpts from sketchbooks, contact sheets, and research development where applicable. All work should be accompanied by a short text reflecting on the project or work. The portfolio should be collected in a PDF format, and sent through WeTransfer or uploaded onto a website. Large sculptural projects, 3D objects, and performances can be presented digitally. Include any media links or social media channels that are relevant. Interactive projects or games should be uploaded as Windows-executables or as an online playable link.
- IELTS 5.5 overall (no less than 5.0 each components)
- TOEFL IBT 72
- TOEFL ITP 500 - 547 (290-300 listening, 280-300 language form, 280-300 reading)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 3
- Cambridge Exam Advanced and Proficiency 162 overall
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE) Grade C
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
To request a language test waiver, you must have studied in a country where the official first language is English:
- At least nine months in duration
- Undertaken at a recognised institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course is entirely in English
- Has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying
- Medium of Instruction (MOI) should indicate English + EF SET or any accepted English proficiency certificate requested
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- 2 semesters (equals one year) or
- 3 semesters (1.5 years) or
- 4 semesters (2 years)
This course is delivered in English at the UE Innovation Hub in Postdam.
- EU applicants: from 748 € monthly
- Non-EU applicants: from 13,188 € yearly
Message the school
About this institute
University of Europe for Applied Sciences
The University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) educates tomorrow's designers and decision-makers in the areas of business, sports, media & event, and art & design. Our students become part of an innovative and international network, representing more than 100...
Why study at University of Europe for Applied Sciences
Are you not able to come to our campus yet? Start your studies online or on campus with the UE hybrid learning concept.
Gain practical experience and certificates next to your studies through our acceleration courses by our UE partner companies such as IBM, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Facebook, Tableau and HubSpot.
Top Ranked German University
We are proud to be among the top 10 private universities for Business Studies as well as among the Top 20 for creative studies.
Want to know more about MA Innovation Design Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!