B.Sc. Digital Business & Data ScienceUniversity of Europe for Applied Sciences
B.Sc. Digital Business & Data Science
All available course dates
About this program
B.Sc. Digital Business & Data Science
Learn how to apply cutting-edge analytics tools on Big Data in order to facilitate mission-critical management decisions and graduate into one of the leading segments of Industry 4.0.
Nowadays, the research and study of social sciences of the internet (the life online) is so relevant for people, businesses and governments that will play competitive advantages at regional, country and global landscapes in the short future.
Moreover, the paradigm changed from an economy based on natural resources, physical inputs and value chains based on physical infrastructure into one based on new knowledge, digital technology. Thus, decision-making processes and global value chains become more and more influenced by digital tools and systems, social networks and consumer data.
There are driving forces - political, social, cultural, economic and technological factors - that are promoting a disruptive change on digital ecosystems: firstly, the Internet of Documents (Adobe), secondly, the Internet of Commerce (Amazon, eBay, Alibaba, etc.), thirdly, the Internet of People (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) and, more recently, the Internet of Things (IoT). Our Digital Business and Data Science B.Sc. programme offers students an insightful view into the future.
This transformation - also called the Fourth Industrial Revolution - is influencing innovative and growth strategies, conceptual models of design thinking and innovation management, technology convergence, business modelling, consumer behavior, brand management, social media marketing and communication, online sales and customer relationship management. The same goes for processes reengineering, operations and supply chain management systems. Last, but not least, it is shaping data science and new knowledge, data security and privacy, corporate governance and policy making.
This study programme is aimed specifically at students who are curious and have the creativity to imagine and the aspiration to learn and develop something new that impact the world and change their lives.
Our students have multidisciplinary backgrounds, different nationalities, diverse cultures and multiple perspectives. You will learn how to develop entrepreneurial and innovative projects that combine new knowledge on digital technologies and business administration & management, while responding to disruptive corporate industry challenges. If you want to engage into an advanced content curriculum and innovative pedagogy experience, while interacting with a high qualified faculty team, who will support you individually along the programme and beyond, then the Digital Business & Data Science B.Sc. programme is a differentiator.
- EURO 3.000 (EURO three thousand) This reservation fee will be deducted from the total amount of study fees. (Not applicable for EU applicants)
- Official translation to English or German for those documents in different language.
- German taught programmes needs both English / German language certificate
- Minimum English language level is B1
- German taught programmes needs both English / German language certificate* : Minimum English language level is B1
- Application form
- Secondary school diploma and transcripts (if applicable, university entrance examinations, bachelor’s transcript of records, bachelor’s degree certificates). If applicant is eligible to access higher education in their home country, he/she is eligible to apply to UE.
- English / German language certificate* or request to waive**
- CV - up to date
- Passport copy
- Letter of motivation (around 500-800 words, stating the motivation for applying at UE and the respective programme)
Once the application is complete, the student is required to complete an online test (UE sends the log in details).
- Direct admission (German higher education entrance qualification or equivalent as per Anabin): IST test of 46 minutes lengths covering numerical and figural skills
- Indirect admission (for applicants that UE can accept with an entrance examination): IST test of 1 hour 40 minutes length covering verbal, numerical and figural skills. This will cover the cognitive as well as the test regarding program specific basic knowledge and capabilities.
- IELTS 5.5 overall (no less than 5.0 each components)
- TOEFL IBT 72
- TOEFL ITP 500 - 547 (290-300 listening, 280-300 language form, 280-300 reading)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 3
- Cambridge Exam Advanced and Proficiency 162 overall
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE) Grade C
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
- EF SET (50-minute Test) 51 (only for students applying with an MOI letter)
- Duolingo 90
To request a language test waiver, you must have studied in a country where the official first language is English:
- At least nine months in duration
- Undertaken at a recognised institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course is entirely in English
- Has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying
- Medium of Instruction (MOI) should indicate English + EF SET or any accepted English proficiency certificate requested
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
1st Semester: • Quantitative Research • Economics: Theory • Business Administration Basics • Accounting & Mathematics • Mathematics for Digital Technologies • Skills I Internship
2nd Semester: • Digital Communication & Trade • Corporate Accounting • Programming • Corporate Accounting • Value Chain Management I • Civil Law • Skills II Internship
3rd Semester: • Economics: Digital Transformation • IT Systems • Controlling & Taxes • Corporate Management & Finance • Business and Corporate Law • Skills III
4th Semester: Study Abroad Semester
5th & 6th Semester: • Data Structure & Analytics • Advanced Programming • Engineering & Development • Business Project Bachelor Thesis
For more information, check out the program’s curriculum on the university website.
This course is delivered in English at the campus in Hamburg and the UE Innovation Hub in Postdam.
- EU applicants: 708 € Monthly
- Non-EU applicants: 12,100 € yearly
Message the school
About this institute
University of Europe for Applied Sciences
The University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) educates tomorrow's designers and decision-makers in the areas of business, sports, media & event, and art & design. Our students become part of an innovative and international network, representing more than 100...
Why study at University of Europe for Applied Sciences
Are you not able to come to our campus yet? Start your studies online or on campus with the UE hybrid learning concept.
Gain practical experience and certificates next to your studies through our acceleration courses by our UE partner companies such as IBM, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Facebook, Tableau and HubSpot.
Top Ranked German University
We are proud to be among the top 10 private universities for Business Studies as well as among the Top 20 for creative studies.
Want to know more about B.Sc. Digital Business & Data Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!