BA Communication DesignUniversity of Europe for Applied Sciences
BA Communication Design
All available course dates
About this program
BA Communication Design
Communication is everything: ads, book covers, magazines, logos, apps, interfaces, webdesign, or packaging design. Every day we encounter hundreds of visual messages. They all influence our thoughts and actions, and not just on account with their aesthetic value. They also convey multilayered content and emotions. As a communication designer or graphic designer, you'll find the best visual and creative expression for all messages, thereby resolving the issues that arise in design.
Our university focuses on your development. That's why we teach in small learning groups and in a friendly and personal atmosphere. You will be taught by renowned lecturers from the creative industry and study at a campus that is centrally located, equipped with the latest technology (photo studio, print & scan lab, VR equipment, MacPools, etc.), and that is known for its international and English-speaking character.
At the University of Applied Sciences Europe you even get the possibilty to actively shape your studies and your career path. Depending on your personal career goals, you will select your own specialisations and choose from a range of interdisciplinary subjects. The programmes taught at our university also include practical projects with top partners from the creative industry and optional field trips which will prepare you perfectly for your dream job.
We regard our students as creative individuals. The practice-oriented specialist knowledge and the confidence in conceptual design you will gain will make you ready for the creative industries. The balanced mix of theory and practice will give you a capacity for reflection that will serve you well in your professional life. You will already design your very own covers, posters, logos, apps and more during your studies. The intercultural and interdisciplinary competence gained on our international university will also help prepare you for working life.
- EURO 3.000 (EURO three thousand) This reservation fee will be deducted from the total amount of study fees. (Not applicable for EU applicants)
- Official translation to English or German for those documents in different language.
- German taught programmes needs both English / German language certificate
- Minimum English language level is B1
- Application form
- Secondary school diploma and transcripts (if applicable, university entrance examinations, bachelor’s transcript of records, bachelor’s degree certificates). If applicant is eligible to access higher education in their home country, he/she is eligible to apply to UE.
- English / German language certificate* or request to waive**
- CV - up to date
- Passport copy
- Letter of motivation (around 500-800 words, stating the motivation for applying at UE and the respective programme)
Once the application is complete, the student is required to complete an online test (UE sends the log in details).
- Direct admission (German higher education entrance qualification or equivalent as per Anabin): IST test of 46 minutes lengths covering numerical and figural skills
- Indirect admission (for applicants that UE can accept with an entrance examination): IST test of 1 hour 40 minutes length covering verbal, numerical and figural skills.
Please note: Some applicants might be asked to participate in an interview (through Skype). This will take approx. 30 to 45 minutes and includes a general discussion about the your motivation.
Include up to 10 visual or interactive projects (with accompanying image series, sketches and/or other visual/textual material). These should be original work that highlights a range of your abilities and interests. This might include illustrations, graphic novel spread, poster series, games, character development, photo essays, collages, paintings, sculptures, marketing or social campaigns, short films, animations, applications or websites, personal creative projects, as well as text-based conceptual projects. We are also interested in seeing excerpts from sketchbooks, contact sheets, and research development where applicable. All work should be accompanied by a short text reflecting on the project or work. The portfolio should be collected in a PDF format, and sent through WeTransfer or uploaded onto a website. Large sculptural projects, 3D objects, and performances can be presented digitally. Include any media links or social media channels that are relevant. Interactive projects or games should be uploaded as Windows-executables or as an online playable link.
- IELTS 5.5 overall (no less than 5.0 each components)
- TOEFL IBT 72
- TOEFL ITP 500 - 547 (290-300 listening, 280-300 language form, 280-300 reading)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 3
- Cambridge Exam Advanced and Proficiency 162 overall
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE) Grade C
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
- EF SET (50-minute Test) 51 (only for students applying with an MOI letter)
- Duolingo 90
To request a language test waiver, you must have studied in a country where the official first language is English:
- At least nine months in duration
- Taken at a recognised institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course is entirely in English
- Has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying
- Medium of Instruction (MOI) should indicate English + EF SET or any accepted English proficiency certificate requested
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
1st Semester: • Concept & Design • Media Basics I • Project I • Visuality I
2nd Semester: • Typography & Language I • Media Basics II • Project II • Visuality II
3rd Semester: • Typography & Language II • Project III • Elective I • Mediality
4th Semester: • Project IV • Project V • Elective II • Law & Project Management
5th Semester: Internship or Study Abroad
6th Semester: • Project VI • Project VII • Philosophy
7th Semester: Bachelor Thesis & Bachelor Project For more information, check out the program’s curriculum on the university website.
- For EU applicants: 708 € Monthly
- For Non-EU applicants: 12,100 € yearly
Message the school
About this institute
University of Europe for Applied Sciences
The University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) educates tomorrow's designers and decision-makers in the areas of business, sports, media & event, and art & design. Our students become part of an innovative and international network, representing more than 100...
Why study at University of Europe for Applied Sciences
Are you not able to come to our campus yet? Start your studies online or on campus with the UE hybrid learning concept.
Gain practical experience and certificates next to your studies through our acceleration courses by our UE partner companies such as IBM, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Facebook, Tableau and HubSpot.
Top Ranked German University
We are proud to be among the top 10 private universities for Business Studies as well as among the Top 20 for creative studies.
Want to know more about BA Communication Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!