BSc International Business and EntrepreneurshipUniversity of Essex
BSc International Business and Entrepreneurship
All available course dates
About this program
BSc International Business and Entrepreneurship
How do entrepreneurs launch and grow businesses? How does globalisation impact firms of different types and sizes?
Entrepreneurship is broader in scope than traditional business studies. It explores enterprising mind-sets, new venture creation and innovation in the private, public and voluntary sectors. It examines ways in which creative people, dynamic organisations and facilitative environments help to generate economic growth and social transformation.
This course provides you with insight into new venture creation and growth, as well as the internationalism of business. We equip you with business knowledge and develop your practical skills through a combination of entrepreneurial theory, group work, business simulation games and interactive projects. Upon graduation, you may decide to use what you have learnt to launch your own business.
You explore topics high on the agenda of international businesses, governments, policy-makers, researchers, educators and wider communities. For example:
- business start-up and growth
- strategic entrepreneurship
- the international business environment
- international business strategy
- international trade
- international human resource management
Clearing entry requirements
Specific entry requirements for this course in Clearing are not published here but for most of our degree courses you will need to hold a Level 3 qualification. If you are interested in applying and have already received your results, use our Clearing application form to apply for 2022 entry and find out if you are eligible. You will be asked to provide details of your qualifications and grades.
English language requirements
English language requirements for applicants whose first language is not English: IELTS 6.0 overall. Different requirements apply for second year entry, and specified component grades are also required for applicants who require a Student visa to study in the UK.
Other English language qualifications may be acceptable so please contact us for further details. If we accept the English component of an international qualification then it will be included in the information given about the academic levels listed above. Please note that date restrictions may apply to some English language qualifications
If you are an international student requiring a Student visa to study in the UK please see our immigration webpages for the latest Home Office guidance on English language qualifications.
If you do not meet our IELTS requirements then you may be able to complete a pre-sessional English pathway that enables you to start your course without retaking IELTS.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Business Creation and Growth
- Business Economics
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance
- Principles of Markets, Marketing and Selling
- Introduction to International Business
- Introduction to Quantitative Analysis
- Professional and Academic Development
- The International Business Environment
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Managing Innovation
- International Business Management
- Business Research Methods
- Professional and Academic Development 2
- Business Strategy
- International Human Resource Management
- Research Project - International Business and Entrepreneurship
- Career Skills in Business
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website for more information.
BSc International Business and Entrepreneurship: 3 years
BSc International Business and Entrepreneurship (Including Year Abroad): 4 years
BSc International Business and Entrepreneurship (Including Placement Year): 4 years
- Teaching includes a combination of lectures, seminars and computer-based lab sessions
- Modules delivered by experts in the field as well as guest speakers
- Contribute and interact in lectures through the use of smart technology
- Lecture presentations and notes are uploaded online beforehand to help you prepare in advance
- Complete your final-year project in consultation with a personal supervisor
- Home/UK fee: £9,250
- International fee: £18,600
A degree in entrepreneurship can add to your credibility as an innovator or business owner while a clear grasp of international business practises can open the door to global trading opportunities for you and your business.
Therefore, we embed a series of core and specific skills into our undergraduate curriculum for BSc International Business and Entrepreneurship to ensure that our graduates are suited to careers in business management, business ownership and leadership roles.
All of our taught modules embed elements of our skills map which emulate the skills which are required by employers of business graduates, these generally include:
- Academic and cognitive skills
- Research skills
- Technology skills
- Communication skills
- Data analysis skills
- Soft skills
We embed a structured approach to student development and skills support throughout the curriculum and through additional support from the Essex Business School Learning Team.
Our students have gone on to become business analysts, successful entrepreneurs, account managers and management trainees, with recent graduate destinations including:
- Entrepreneur in Residence at Founders Factory - a tech startup business partnering company
- Consultant at TEKsystems – a data insights and business systems provider
- Associate Professional Business Analyst at DXC Technology – an end-to-end IT services company
- Delivery Consultant at RED - The Global SAP Solutions Provider - a specialist recruitment firm
- iX Business Consultant at IBM – the multifunctional information technology conglomerate
- CEO and Founders of WYSPR – a ‘Friendvertising’ social media start-up
- Our entrepreneurship graduates enjoy successful careers in their fields.
About this institute
University of Essex
We are Essex: home to the ambitious and the inquisitive. We are proud to be top 39 in the Complete University Guide (2022), a past University of the Year (THE) and internationally recognised for Social Sciences. We're committed to two...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...