About this program
BA Events Management
Kick start your exciting career in events planning with a unique Events Management degree from the University of Essex. Graduates of this Program could go onto careers working on weddings, sporting events, festivals, fashion shows, corporate events or conferences.
With a student experience unlike any other, it may come as no surprise that the Edge Hotel School is ranked 3rd in the UK for overall student satisfaction for Tourism, Transport and Travel in the National Student Survey 2021. This result follows the previous ranking of 1st in the UK in the NSS2020, demonstrating a consistent level of excellence in delivering an exceptional student experience.
The Events Management degree prepares you for the fast-paced world of planning and managing events. You will learn alongside lecturers who have worked on worldwide and high profile events while gaining experience of real weddings, conferences and private functions alongside your studies. Throughout the course you will study topics including:
- Event planning and logistics
- Winning an event contract and proposal design
- Business innovation
- Contemporary management practice
- Cultural events, festivals and weddings
- Human resources management
- Digital marketing
Clearing entry requirements
Specific entry requirements for this course in Clearing are not published here but for most of our degree courses you will need to hold a Level 3 qualification. If you are interested in applying and have already received your results, use our Clearing application form to apply for 2022 entry and find out if you are eligible. You will be asked to provide details of your qualifications and grades.
English language requirements
English language requirements for applicants whose first language is not English: IELTS 6.0 overall. Different requirements apply for second year entry, and specified component grades are also required for applicants who require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Finance for Events Business
- The Event Business Environment
- Marketing and Customer Behaviour
- Food and Beverage Management
- Delivering Event Operations and the Customer Experience 1
- Events Operations
- Wedding and Festival Planning
- Management and Leadership
- Sustainability in Events
- Digital Marketing and Revenue Management
- Continual Professional Development
- Event Supervision, Data and Technology
- Contemporary Issues in the Event Industry
- Delivering Event Operations and the Customer Experience 2
- Business Strategy for the Hospitality and Events Industries
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Human Resource Management
- Creative Event Design
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website for more information.
BA Events Management: 3 years
BA Events Management (Including Year Abroad): 4 years
BA Events Management (Including Placement Year): 4 years
- Home/UK fee: £9,250
- International fee: £17,700
The Events Management degree at the Edge Hotel School combines both events experience and industry knowledge to provide you with the skills for an exciting career in many aspects of events management.
The event and hospitality industry are excited by the calibre of our graduates and there are opportunities throughout the course to meet recruitment managers and network.
Graduates of this Program can go onto careers, in the UK or internationally, in areas such as:
- Events management
- Wedding planning
- Venue management
- Festival planning and management
- Food and beverage management
- Marketing and sales
- Cruise ships and airlines
About this institute
University of Essex
We are Essex: home to the ambitious and the inquisitive. We are proud to be top 39 in the Complete University Guide (2022), a past University of the Year (THE) and internationally recognised for Social Sciences. We're committed to two...
Be the first to write a review!