Structural Engineering and Concrete Materials MSc
Using analytical and modelling techniques you will develop your engineering skills and knowledge to meet the increasing demands of modern civil engineering.
You will develop your skills, knowledge and understanding in both structural engineering and concrete materials and see how the two areas relate to each other.
You will also study a variety of engineering and research topics including computational analysis of structures, concrete materials and environmental management.
Under the guidance of our academic staff, you will have the opportunity to undertake an industrially relevant research project. Recent project examples have looked at sustainable self-compacting concrete and dynamic analysis of cable-stayed bridges.
We also have excellent laboratory facilities, including our Concrete Technology Unit and the Scottish Marine and Renewables Test Centre for Concrete and Geotechnics, where we undertake research covering a range of subjects including:
- low carbon concrete technology
- structural resiliency under fatigue and cyclic loading
- cement science
- durability performance and novel repair technologies
- recovery, recycling and reuse of materials
- composites materials for constructions
- fabric energy storage systems
- concrete for onshore and offshore renewable energy
- effects of climate changes on materials and structures
Chat live with students from University of Dundee
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Dundee? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
You should normally have, or expect to have an honours degree at 2.2 or above, or equivalent professional or overseas qualifications, in a relevant academic discipline.
English language requirements
- IELTS (overall) - 6.0
- Reading - 5.5
- Listening - 5.5
- Speaking – 5.5
- Writing - 5.5
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
These modules are an essential part of your course.
- Advanced Structural Analysis II
- Research Project
- Concrete : Construction Systems I and II
- Concrete: Sustainable Use and Environmental Impact Assessment
- Research Methods and Diploma Project
- Health and Safety and Environmental Management
You need to choose one or more of these modules as part of your course.
- Concrete: Design for Durability, Assessment and Repair
- Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Scotland: £ 9,150 per year
- EU settled / pre-settled status: £ 9,150 per year
- England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland: £ 9,150 per year
- EU and International: £ 22,950 per year
You could have a career in most sectors of the profession including:
- Concrete industry
- Engineering consultancy
- Engineering contracting
- The offshore industry
- Research organisations
- Structural engineering
- Environmental protection
Graduates have gone on to secure positions in a variety of sectors including:
- Graduate Structural Engineer at SWECO (European engineering consultancy company)
- Solutions Assistant at Everis (Global IT company)
- Structural Engineer at Atkins (A world leading design, engineering and project management consultancy)
- PhD in Concrete here at the University of Dundee
About this institute
Discover the University of Dundee
Going to university is an exciting and life-changing experience, and we want to let you know why you should look no further than the University of Dundee in Scotland when deciding where to continue your education. The University of Dundee...
Want to know more about Structural Engineering and Concrete Materials MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Liberec, Czech Republic